New To this Group....Hi all!

Options
Hello Everyone: I am new to this group but not new to sleep apnea as i have had it for a long time now..I'd say over 10-12 years....

When you find out that you have it and have to go through all these tests and then find out you have to wear headgear and be on a machine for the rest of you life...that really kicks you in the behind!

I am glad i found out about my sleep apnea trouble as it was way back years when i was going through a nasty separation and divorce and troubles all around with ex- and children!

My therapist said that i have been having troubles with my sleep so that's when i decided to get things checked out but didn't get around to it till many years later when i was having massive headaches and it felt like my head was going to explode!

I found out that i wasn't getting enough REM sleep and so there wasn't enough oxygen going to my brain! (I guess you could say)....well what a shocker that was...

But with the Grace of God and people to help me and support me i got on the right path of recovery...AMEN!

I just wanted to give you guys a tidbit if information because if i kept on going this message would turn into a novel on how things came about.....

Today i am single, getting up in age and almost 60, have health issues that i don't want as they keep me busy like a full time job just to stay alive and healthy...!

Here's to those of you that are just starting out learning all about your sleep apnea issues....

Just remember to keep being patient...(lots of patience).....as many questions if you don't understand anything, and when you can't get any support from anyone.....just message me and i will try to be your supporter as much as i can....

Seek all the knowledge you can about your individual self and your health issues as knowledge gives you your personal power to keep going and live just for today!

Take care all, and i hope that being on this site will help me loose some weight that i can live with.

Patricia Gooderham.......

:-)