Refrigerated goodness

Options
llfretwell
llfretwell Posts: 218 Member
This may sound odd and I'm hoping it makes sense but I'm wondering if anybody has any kind of easy cold paleo recipe. For example, I make paleo coleslaw that I like to keep in the refrigerator throughout the week to snack on if I need to or to use for a sidedish. The coleslaw is starting to get old though. I need to switch it up. Preferably something with veggies (Trying not to eat too much nuts, fruit, & honey). I would love any suggestions!

Replies

• LunaGreen
    LunaGreen Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I almost always have homemade guac and bell peppers for dipping
  • novarugger10
    novarugger10 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My new favorite is paleo ants on a log. Celery or carrot stick with almond butter and raisins. For stuff without nuts/fruits, a veggie bake that can be served hot or cold.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I just have basic veggies cut up in the fridge. Baby carrots stays nice and fresh in the bag for long. I cut up a mix of Celery, bell pepper, parsnip, kohlrabi for half inch stick on Saturdays, toss it in cold water in mason jars to keep it fresh in the fridge. They good and crisp for a week, celery can last even longer.I also eat snap peas as it is mainly just pods and I really like the taste.
    Most days I just eat them as is, but guacamole and chipotle mayo my fav dipping sauces.
  • LisaGNV
    LisaGNV Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Do a pinterest/google search for a shredded brussel sprouts salad. You could use a paleo ranch as the dressing/binder and add pretty much anything to it - shredded carrots or broccoli, raisins, onions, nuts, etc.
  • Nutmeg76
    Nutmeg76 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    salsa
    Here are some tasty looking recipes.
    http://www.elanaspantry.com/gluten-free-recipes/salads/
  • llfretwell
    Options
    Ya'll are the best! Thank you so much!!!
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I love kimchi, a korean fermented cabbage salad.
  • llfretwell
    Options
    Chani, how do you make yours?