???? about fit bit and mfp activity translation

Options
gogirl68
gogirl68 Posts: 5 Member
I am trying to set myself up for success and use mfp for all food tracking and it is synced to my fitbit. However not sure how this works, because yesterday I had 7miles, 18k+ steps and it gave me an -165 calorie earning on mfp?? That doesn't seem like enough. 1450 is my daily calories and I am a very active Zumba instructor/weight trainer, but to eat 1565 calories after that active a day makes me feel like something is not right???

If I were to only use fit bit it would have given closer to 1800 with that active a day?? I wouldn't always eat 1800, but felt like my body needed more than 1500 yesterday???

Any help on this, just seems weird the way it translates to mfp??

Replies

• elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    How did you set up with Fitbit on mfp? I can seem to find the connection
  • betsymoomoo
    betsymoomoo Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Do you have your activity level set as active? It won't adjust very much if your activity level is correct. :smile:
  • DawnPodojil
    DawnPodojil Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I get my one hour of aerobics at Jazzercise in the morning and it only adds about 156 calories at the time. When I check it later in the day more calories have been added. I had another fitness tracker that showed a baseline at 70% and then 100%. I didn't get any additional calories until I reached the baseline. I often wonder if that is part of it - you are expected to do SOME activity before you start burning calories.

I also have mine set as sedentary since I literally sit in this chair all day with very little option to get up except to hit the ladies room. Check your settings and see if changing it to a more active roll works better.