weight gain?

Options
hunnnybee
hunnnybee Posts: 46 Member
Since i started strictly eating paleo a week ago I have been steadily losing and today there was a jump of almost 2 pounds on the scale, I drank alot of water last nite at work but also there was some grated asiago cheese that i picked off INcompletely on my prepared salad. Should I just forgot about the small gain it will even out or is this what I get for weighing everyday or would a tablespoon of cheese have this much impact on how my body processes dairy now? water weight? salt? any thoughts?

Replies

• Nutmeg76
    Nutmeg76 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    It could be any number of things. If weighing everyday makes you get upset about small fluctuations, then you should stop. If you can do it without sterssing, then it is up to you if you should keep it up. I tend to weigh everyday, but only Thursday "counts". I tend to see a loss each Thursday, even if there is a higher day in there somewhere.
  • coltrane23
    coltrane23 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    A 2 pound fluctuation in either direction could simply be water weight. A little extra salt one day, a little more water than usual, and you could see an increase. It could very easily disappear tomorrow.

I weigh every day because I see some value in trending the information, and because it's habit by now, but I don't pay any attention to the daily snapshot of my weight because I have learned that there are lots of variables driving that number and I can control only so many of them. Like nutmeg76 noted, it's probably best to pick a day each week to judge progress and adjust your intake and activity accordingly based on that weekly figure.