Ultimate goal/what is the better way?

Options
Ok my ultimate goal is to be 150 @17% bf. I am currently at 150Lbs @24ish%. This means I need to lose 10Lbs of fat and add 10lbs of muscle. I know this is a long term goal and it will take 1year, if I am extremely dedicated in the gym, and possibly 2years since I am female and will not take any enhancement drugs to boost my ability to build muscle.

I have 2 options.

1) do cut and bulk cycles till I reach the composition I am looking for.
2) do a body recomp.

Till now I was under the impression that recomp was not possible, but from what I have read you can be in a slight cal surplus on keto and still metabolize and use fat stores. Is this correct, and if it is, is there anyone who can help me set that up?

Replies

• baconstripsjms
    Options
    Squats and deadlifts...I'm doing a body recomp as we speak and It's going very well so far. I do Intermittent Fasting (Leangains) with a keto focus and I lift heavy 4 days a week and run long distance 3 days...I HIGHLY suggest you look into Leangains and IF...it has been the best dietary change I've made since starting keto almost 8 years ago...
  • FindingMyPerfection
    FindingMyPerfection Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I actually am following IF 18:6 and lift heavy 3x a week completely fasted. Squats begin every session and I rotate between push/pull/lower.

I was more looking for direction asto if I should do cut and bulk cycles or try a recomp at a slight cal surplus. If I do the recomp how would I set up my cals. I have been cutting for the past 9 months (I started at188) and I have been lifting since June (so still kinda new)
  • baconstripsjms
    Options
    I'd say eat at maintenance and see if you're making gains and losing a lil fat here and there....then adjust accourdingly...It's really up to you to decide and kinda tinker with it till you get the results ya want...what works for me won't work for you and vice versa...trail and error are the best learning tools on keto...
  • FindingMyPerfection
    FindingMyPerfection Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Thanks, wish me luck!