Breakthrough

Options
Shan790
Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
After a full year of practicing yoga today I did an arm balance with no wall to help me. Kicked up and found my balance all on my own. And I held a hand stand ( with wall support) for almost a full minute. I am getting stronger!

Replies

• KellyUVA
    KellyUVA Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You rock! :-)
  • lauradoingyoga
    lauradoingyoga Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That's great!
  • odonogc
    odonogc Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm working on this, I know how hard it is. PROUD OF YOU!!!
  • readthat
    readthat Posts: 136
    Options
    Great job! I can't wait to get there!!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Yup. Put in the time; it works. Hooray! Nice work
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    How wonderful! Good for you!!

:flowerforyou:
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    So awesome! Handstands are my goal for July 4 (that will be one years since I made the goal).

Any tips? I've slowly been moving further from the wall and am to the point where I can just toe tap a few times to find my balance. Some days I am able to get up easily, other days are awful. Ha! My headstand is good. That was my end of 2013 goal.
  • rockyshrode
    rockyshrode Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the major yoga milestone! :flowerforyou:

Hoping to achieve the same in 2014. We'll see what the year brings!
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I have an inner ear disease that makes any balance poses very difficult. If anyone in class looses balance mine goes with them. I have to do everything eyes closed or alone. My instructor is really good at correcting me if I sway with just a tap. I can't feel myself loosing balance. I have to rely on cues from others. I only know I'm falling when I'm halfway to the floor :)
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • MatthewNSW
    Options
    I'm new. Hello everyone.

And on that note.... yes, really great job. I hope to get to that level myself this year. :smile:
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'll never forget the first time I got up into headstand without the wall...I got so excited I fell over :tongue: