New to VI

Options
Hello,
I am a 41 year old mother of 3 boys. I have been consistently working out, even ran my first 26.2, another 13.1 scheduled for May, and have packed on close to 20 lbs... ugh! Its all in my diet at this point and I am ready to take control!
I just started on my venus journey Monday. So far so good.... I am not having trouble with the daily calories deficit but I am really looking forward to maintenance tomorrow. One question... I am not really feeling the energy to workout. I figured I would give my body a week to adjust to the calorie deficit and then start next week. Is this normal? I figure my body is probably detoxing as well with all the clean eating :tongue:

Replies

• milishutler
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to VI too. I also started on Monday. Just a suggestion but why not start the workouts and use little or no weight this week but just get into the habit of setting time aside to do them? Here's hoping for a successful journey and wishing you one too.:drinker:
  • empresspht
    Options
    Hello, I am new to VI also, just started today!. I am Empresspht on the VI site. I did the Week 1 Day 1 exercises today, and my bum is sore! I can really feel it. How are you doing since you posted Dunk and Mili? Sticking with the program okay?
  • GonnaBFit4Me
    GonnaBFit4Me Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    My name is Shelly. I am 38 yrs. old (39 in June), have a handsome supportive husband (my high school sweetheart), and 3 rascals (15B, 13B, 12G in March). I homeschool all 3! I love motocross, although I have yet to get my own bike! My 15 yr. old started racing a couple of yrs. ago and I was HOOKED!

I love: to organize things (slightly OCD), teach, scrapbook and make homemade cards, being a mom and a wife, 5ks (when fit), and eating at Olive Garden (my temptation food)!

I was always between 97-105 lbs. during my teen yrs. and no more than 120 through all my pregnancies. It was after my 3rd child when my weight started to fluctuate. There were many tramatic changes during my young adult life; so because of that, I started to be less active. I no longer had the sports in my life! Watching how much I ate was never something I focused on or was concerned about! Obviously, the more I pulled away from all the physical sports, the pounds started adding on. I have no one to blame expect myself.

Since my 30's, I have been fit and then overweight, fit and then overweight, over and over again! I'm ready for a REAL lifestyle change that I can carry with me for the rest of my years. I'm tired of the scale looking more like a yo-yo than a tool for measuring weight! I'm ready for the viscous cycle to STOP!

Tomorrow, is the start of a new me! Everyday will have its struggles. As long as I continue to have a healthy outlook, I will make good choices and healthy habits! I KNOW I can achieve my goals. I just have to stay positive, stay strong, and stay the course that is outlined for me!

Here is to a GREAT week for everyone!
  • jaidenphyr
    Options
    Hi, I just started Venus today 2/17. I'm Judy and I'm 49 years old. I am getting married in July and have a grown daughter. Although I am no where near a measuring tape so that will have to wait until tomorrow. I was very apprehensive on spending money on a program as everything seems like such a scam all the time. So far though, I feel like the money was worth it. I could never figure out where I was going wrong as I eat healthier than anyone I know. Seems like I have no clue about calories.

Today - since I had no measuring tape - I just ate like I normally would but put it into the tracker. By lunch I only had 300+ calories left for the day, over for fat and sugars and !! Now, the good part is that I don't snack - don't need to. Now I'll be interested to see how far over I've been going! I'm calling this my baseline, since I've never really looked at this stuff before. I think this will change my whole mindset and be very enlightening!
  • Josieee15
    Josieee15 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am in my second week of Venus. Like you I was reluctant to spend money on a programme when I felt like I could write a book on diet and exercise and yet nothing seemed to work. However, I took a shot in the dark and I was unaware of how many cals I was eating in a day. I think I got caught up with the eat what you want as long as it's low carb, or healthy and whole, or cooked the right way, or combined properly, or the correct micro-nutrient balance, or right time of day. The list is endless but it still allowed me to overeat! I found eating at 1000 easy after a day or two and my hardest day last week was the day after my eat up day, but I got through it.

I lost a total of 7llbs last week (whoo hoo) and I am forging through week two with added confidence. So far this seems to work (unlike all the other waste of money programmes out there) so good luck. You can do it :)
  • jaidenphyr
    Options
    Hi! Pantsonfire! YES!! All the same for me!! I thought I could write a book. Healthy, low carb, high protein, high fiber, lots of fruits and veggies, nothing processed, no gluten and low dairy!! How could I go wrong!! Calories in black and white are startling!! Now my daughter and I are loving doing our food diaries each day and competing with ourselves day to say and supporting each other! Not having the right information is detrimental! We said we would do "Weigh in Wednesdays" but after a couple of days we both sneaked! She was down 6 pounds and I was down 2. We are really enjoying the workouts too! I have several herniated discs and fibromyalgia and so far the workouts haven't aggravated either one of them. THANK Goodness! Its about time I found something to get my butt moving without having to pay for it!