Question about fitness and energy...

Options
Hello to all!!!

Ok, so I've been working out for the past 3 weeks about 3 days a week. I've also been a low-calorie diet for the past month or so with good results (I've lost 5 lbs and have some nice arm muscle showing up!!)

But today was horrible!!!!! I had no strength whatsoever, for anything! I was really lethargic and had dizzy. I could only do half of the exercises I normally do. I felt a little better when I got to work and drank my peppermint tea.

I really almost passed out. What's up with that! Anyone ever felt like this?

Replies

• Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Hello to all!!!

Ok, so I've been working out for the past 3 weeks about 3 days a week. I've also been a low-calorie diet for the past month or so with good results (I've lost 5 lbs and have some nice arm muscle showing up!!)

But today was horrible!!!!! I had no strength whatsoever, for anything! I was really lethargic and had dizzy. I could only do half of the exercises I normally do. I felt a little better when I got to work and drank my peppermint tea.

I really almost passed out. What's up with that! Anyone ever felt like this?

Are you eating back at least some of those workout calories? It sounds as if you're not.
  • kitchen0nfire
    kitchen0nfire Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    YUP! I log everything into my food diary and I make sure that still eat a healthy amount of calories on workout days. I even skip my salad and eat something with meat for lunch on those days since I workout in the morning and I'm starving by lunchtime.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    It may just be a one time thing. If it persists it could be your dosage is ready to be increased. Mine was raised twice in 6 months until the blood work said I was finally at my optimal level and it hasn't been increased since.
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    :) Can you open your diary? It would be helpful to see what you're eating.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    This is a question for your GP, not a bunch of strangers on the internet. It could be anything.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Everyone has an off day. You could be coming down with a cold or the flu. Treat yourself gently and if the symptoms persist, especially the dizziness--please get thee to the doctor!
  • shvits
    shvits Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I passed out and fell down a flight of stairs...It was before lunch and I was hungry and my blood pressure medicine was reducing my blood pressure too much . You probably need to eat more protein before you exercise. I encourage you to speak with your doctor to find the cause and a the correct fix for your problem.
  • kitchen0nfire
    kitchen0nfire Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I actually got my period the day after. I just didn't take that in to consideration since it wasn't due for another week. I guess the new workout plan/diet messed with my cycle a little. I was able to sleep all weekend long and now I feel like mowing 5 lawns!!! WOOOH!
  • seattle_hd
    seattle_hd Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I get this from time to time… often times its due to one of the following:

1. not enough sleep - insomnia or staying up too late the night before
    2. not eating enough, particularly carbs, before my workout. (if I eat just my 2 hardboiled eggs, but not a piece of fruit or something that can give me quicker energy for example)
    3. having an alcoholic drink the night before, even if just one small one, I feel like lead weight.
    4. about to have my period.

I feel best when I'm rested, hydrated and have eaten enough calories the night before and woke up and eat a good breakfast.
  • ashleyapplewhite
    ashleyapplewhite Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I passed out and fell down a flight of stairs...It was before lunch and I was hungry and my blood pressure medicine was reducing my blood pressure too much . You probably need to eat more protein before you exercise. I encourage you to speak with your doctor to find the cause and a the correct fix for your problem.

This. Depending on your dietary restraints, I'd try something with some protein + simple carbs right before your workout. Applesauce does it for me, but maybe some peanut butter + apples, etc?