Welcome Everyone to this Kick *kitten* Group!!

Options
ICarla
ICarla Posts: 200 Member
I'm super excited to be taking the lead on a challenge. I'm here for everyone and expect the same in return. Let's have some fun with this. Let's start by introducing ourselves. It would be fun to also add "before" pics. The goal is to become a runner, but naturally we should see some toning throughout the process. I'll start:

Name: Carla
Location: Baltimore (Home of the current superbowl champion Ravens)
Goal: To participate in the St. Patick's Day 5K here in the city
Something Fun about me: I'm a goof ball. Full of energy and ready to kick *kitten*!!

Now everyone follow up with who you are so we can all be familiar. Let's do this!!!!

Replies

• mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Name: Patti
    Location: Eastern WA (Home of the future superbowl champion Seahawks)
    Goal: Short term: March 15 St Patty's day 5K. . . long term, really considering a 10K after this, but a definite long term is the fact that I am marrying in to a family where all the brother's wives are runners and do every holiday 5K together. . . I want to be one of "Thme"

Something fun about me: EVERYTHING, lol. Ok, but specifically, I am 36 days away from marrying one amazing man. . . and my wedding dress is a big fluffy tulle bright pink wonderland of fun!

I don't have a before picture. . . but I could probably get one taken next time I'm in workout attaire. I am on Week 3, Day 2, but I've been re-do each week for a couple extra days. I felt my first "runners high" (which I didn't think actually existed) and now I'm chasing that feeling again!!!

Very excited to have a support system!
  • ICarla
    ICarla Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Name: Patti
    Location: Eastern WA (Home of the future superbowl champion Seahawks)
    Goal: Short term: March 15 St Patty's day 5K. . . long term, really considering a 10K after this, but a definite long term is the fact that I am marrying in to a family where all the brother's wives are runners and do every holiday 5K together. . . I want to be one of "Thme"

Something fun about me: EVERYTHING, lol. Ok, but specifically, I am 36 days away from marrying one amazing man. . . and my wedding dress is a big fluffy tulle bright pink wonderland of fun!

I don't have a before picture. . . but I could probably get one taken next time I'm in workout attaire. I am on Week 3, Day 2, but I've been re-do each week for a couple extra days. I felt my first "runners high" (which I didn't think actually existed) and now I'm chasing that feeling again!!!

Very excited to have a support system!

First of all GO Seahawks!! LOL. Secondly Congrats on your impending nuptials. This group will get you looking really sexy with calves to die for in your pink tulle dress!!! By the time you're done you'll be out running all of the wives!! Welcome and I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. :)
  • training2bme
    Options
    Name: Kymberly
    Goal: Short term + to learn to love running again and to regain my pre-baby body. Long term = I want to qualify for and run the Boston Marathon

Something fun about me: I was NEVER the athletic one in school. If you needed an excuse to get out of gym class, I could tell you which ones worked. Now, I am a 15 time 5K finisher, 3 10 K's, a quarter marathon finisher, half finisher and a full finisher. Trained for fitness competitions (but never competed).

I take photos after each run because the center is COVERED in mirrors so I'll post one after my next run (this evening).

Also, please feel free to add me; I accept all friend requests and am willing to give a little (or huge) kick on the pants wherever needed.
  • piercedee
    piercedee Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Name: Jessica
    Location: Reno (and to keep with the football theme: home of Chris Carr and college town of Colin Kaepernick)
    Goal: To get in better cardio shape and lose some pounds while recovering from an injury that has sidelined me from weight lifting
    Something Fun about me: I am a huge 49er fan (we will be the Superbowl champions in either 2015 or 2016 :smile: )

I don't have a before pic and i will be completing week 3 today. I also hit my first 5 lbs lost (this time) today which is exciting. I am excited for the support of this group!
  • Honnuh
    Honnuh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Name: Hannah
    Goal: Lose weight in general, also to get better at running in case of any upcoming zombie apocalypses.
    Something Fun about me: I'm a complete otaku - obsessed with anime and Japanese culture in general, as well as gaming and graphic design, which I'm studying at university right now. I'm really looking forwards to being able to do 5k at the end of this!
  • GetFitForAJ
    GetFitForAJ Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Name: Lakshmi
    Goal: Complete a 5K in 30 minutes. Participating in Color Run on May10th.
    Somethng Fun about me: I am very competetive and take any challenge when it comes to working out. :smile:

I am very excited to do C25K with all of ya!!
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Name: Anne
    Goal: Weight loss and find an activity that I will enjoy and continue to enjoy for years....hopefully running!
    Something fun about me: I love running skirts!! If only they loved me back :(
    Oh and I'm a Steeler fan!

No pic's but I should take them. I hope to start C25K tonight or tomorrow morning. I finished it a few years back and completed a 5K but then had my 2nd child and it's been all downhill from there.....fastforward 5 years and I'm sick of the weight, in it's physical and emotional form!
  • cofomostwanted
    cofomostwanted Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Name: Jessica
    Goal: Get back to pre-pregnancy weight so I can do it all over again. I don't want to risk having an unhealthy pregnancy. Was diagnosed with exercise induced asthma in high school but have proven to myself that I have overcome it by running. Nothing made me happier than the first time I ran 20 minutes without stopping! What a high!
    Something Fun about me: I love board games especially the high strategy ones like Settlers of Catan, Agricola, Puerto Rico, Civilization. My husband and I met playing games in college and we continue to enjoy playing together 4.5 years into our marriage.
  • bijoux79
    Options
    Name:Dee
    Goal: to join local running group without feeling ashamed that I am so out of shape I am unable to run for more than 60 seconds. I need to set a better example to my 4 beautiful daughter's.
    Something fun about me: I can drink more tequila then anyone I've ever meet without passing out!
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Goal: to see if i can really do this without dying lol.
    Something fun about me: I'm a big tech geek lol.

I've lost almost 80lbs since May and really want to see what my body can do. I have a ways to go weight loss wise but I'm closer than i was last January :D

Im currently using MFP to procrastinate on doing Week 2 day 2's run. While i finished Week 2 day 1, i had to stop twice for like 30 secs after the run parts to catch my breath. That being said this January I've run more than i have in the last 15 years. I have to remember THAT!

Wish me luck!!!
  • melissamarah
    melissamarah Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Name: Melissa
    Location: LA, but originally from the home of the Superbowl Shuffle - GO BEARS!
    Goal: To get healthy. I ran a 5K in 2010, and I loved it.
  • newtonk520
    newtonk520 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Name- Kim
    Age-48
    Location- Canada
    Goal- to lose weight and run a 5k in the spring
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Name: Shirley
    Goal: To do a 5k this spring, and make it through the whole program this time.
    Something Fun about me:

I made it through week 8 this past summer/early fall. Then I stopped. I am hoping I persevere this time!
  • krazykando
    Options
    Name: Kandis
    Goal: To run the Run Lucky 5K on March 16th.
    Overall Goal: Finish what I started in this whole weightloss process. I have fell off the train a little but I am ready to get back on. Also I hate running but have always wanted to be a "Runner". I am ready to do this!

Just finished Week 3 Day 1 of C25K yesterday!
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Name: Jenny (aka Flacachica)
    Goal: To run/job a 5K without walking/stopping! I've done it before... I can do it again! I've never been a "runner" but that's gonna change baby!
    I'm just starting out my 3rd attempt at the C25K program. I'm on day 1, week1!
    I need y'all to keep me accountable! I gotta stick with it this time... especially if there is a zombie apocalypse upon us! LOL
    Thanks!! :)
  • Domino232
    Domino232 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Name: Anita
    Goal: To loose the 25 lbs that have crept on me in the last 10yrs!
  • Hearndt
    Hearndt Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Name: Heather
    Goal: To run in a 5K this spring (not sure which one yet, maybe the color run)
    Something Fun about me: I love to plan parties! I did Brown Bear for my son's first birthday, a Suess Shower for my twin nephews and I'm doing a Fashion Fiesta for my daughters 9th birthday this weekend. DIY gets my creative juices flowing!!