Hope it's not too late to join in.

Options
texasfarmer
texasfarmer Posts: 483 Member
I just started this journey on the 21st of January, but I had a goal that I stated to my husband and he agreed. My goal is by April 1st, I have to lose 20 pounds and the great prize is I get to fly to New York to see my brother and accompany him to the Boston Marathon (April 21st) where he will run his 8th marathon.

So far I have stuck to the plan and have lost 6 pounds. I am sure most of that is water weight, but it is enough of an inspiration (along with the trip) to make this first goal.

Good luck everyone.

Replies

• KMasz
    KMasz Posts: 2,638 Member
    Options
    It's not too late in my book! (but I'm not a group mod, so I don't have final say lol) Welcome! If you need a friend for support and motivation, you can send me a FR!

Great loss so far! I'm sure you're aware, but in the next couple weeks, it will slow down and become more of a gradual loss. Don't feel discouraged when this happens. 1-2 lbs per week is normal and healthy once your in the grove of things. (again, I'm sure you're aware of this, but just a friendly reminder)

Good luck on your weight loss! I hope you get to see your brother run the Boston Marathon!

-Kate
  • texasfarmer
    texasfarmer Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    It's not too late in my book! (but I'm not a group mod, so I don't have final say lol) Welcome! If you need a friend for support and motivation, you can send me a FR!

Great loss so far! I'm sure you're aware, but in the next couple weeks, it will slow down and become more of a gradual loss. Don't feel discouraged when this happens. 1-2 lbs per week is normal and healthy once your in the grove of things. (again, I'm sure you're aware of this, but just a friendly reminder)

Good luck on your weight loss! I hope you get to see your brother run the Boston Marathon!

-Kate

Yes, unfortunately I am aware of the coming slow down. I usually lose the first 6-8 pounds pretty quick and then it goes into turtle mode. If I can just be healthy about it and keep it off once it comes off, I will be happy with the results.

Thanks for replying!
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our friendly, little group. All are welcome!!!
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Definitely not to late to start. Sorry for the delay but you should be set up m now in the spreadsheet. Just add your weigh ins.