I lost how much? So confuseeddddd!!

Options
Ok so in the over excitement of dieting ... I decided to cut junk food out of my diet ... and then at the excitement of the prospect of losing weight i decided it would be a good idea to weigh myself 2 days into my diet ... and I've lost 8lb? I know you can lose a little bit of weight due to water ... but 8lb in just over 24 hours? It's not like I was starving myself either

I ate about 1900 cal yesterday, and 1200 today, haven't done that much exercise apart from a bit of walking either so i don't fully understand it.

Any explanations or similar stories anyone?

Replies

• Sarahmarshwiggle
    Sarahmarshwiggle Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Did you weigh yourself in exactly the same place? My scales vary by 7lb if I weigh myself on carpet or a hard floor. I weigh myself in the buff at the same time in the same spot on my bathroom floor once a week :)

During the first week of my diet I lost 8lb a lot of it is water weight, this week I lost 3lb which is a bit more normal!
  • goingtodoit15
    goingtodoit15 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Nope, exactly the same place, exactly the same clothes ... i weighed myself after food instead of before but surely that would make me "gain" weight not loose 8lb !! I do have a metabolic disorder, but that is meant to make it harder to lose weight, not easier ...
  • jcrawford2780
    Options
    It is possible to lose that much water, particularly if you began drinking mostly water as opposed to caffeinated beverages. Your weight should normalize in a week or so. Keep up the good work!!!
  • MistyRose0424
    MistyRose0424 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    It is possible to lose that much water, particularly if you began drinking mostly water as opposed to caffeinated beverages. Your weight should normalize in a week or so. Keep up the good work!!!

Yes I agree with this I dropped 10 pounds the first week so I knew a most of it was water weight. Just keep on going and the pounds will keep coming off:happy: