Hi! New!

Options
njitaliana
njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
Hi, I'm new here, but not new to SBD. I took of 126 lbs before, but got sick and was injured and put my weight back on after a few years. So, I'm back on SBD.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hi! Best of luck!

Alas, the group isn't very active. I wish it was, as other South Beach forums are clunky.

But hey, maybe it will pick up.
  • CeeBees
    CeeBees Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new too. Myfitness pal was suggested from my fitbit group. I've had success with SBD before and plan to make it a way of life this time.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Hi! It's been my way of life for ages now. Since the book came out (right as I finished losing weight lol). It's been such an easy way to maintain weight (til menopause anyway!).

ps: I love my fitbit too!
  • 4thoseilove
    Options
    I just started Day 1 today and also hope there is more interaction in the group!
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hi huge fan of SBD would love some SBD friends so please add me, I'm 1 week into phase 1 and lost 2 kg got to be happy with that yay, I lost my weight in 2012 with sbd maintained for over a year, but snuck a couple of extra KGS whilst family staying for 4 months, anyway I'm back on the beach bring ya swimmers and sun block :-) :bigsmile:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Hi huge fan of SBD would love some SBD friends so please add me, I'm 1 week into phase 1 and lost 2 kg got to be happy with that yay, I lost my weight in 2012 with sbd maintained for over a year, but snuck a couple of extra KGS whilst family staying for 4 months, anyway I'm back on the beach bring ya swimmers and sun block :-) :bigsmile:
    Added!... well, accepted! I look forward to seeing your continued journey and progress!
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sabine :-) come on everyone it works, just do it, oh and I'll add my tip for success buy and read and reread and read again, SBD supercharged and buy SBD summer recipes book :-) you'll be slim in no time
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Thanks Sabine :-) come on everyone it works, just do it, oh and I'll add my tip for success buy and read and reread and read again, SBD supercharged and buy SBD summer recipes book :-) you'll be slim in no time
    I agree about the book. That book, and Michael Pollan's "In Defense of Food" stay on my iPhone so I can listen to them whenever I want.
  • myri54
    myri54 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    hello, I am new as well, I lost weight I did well with low calorie diet, but as you, got injured and then really sick with the flu and totally lost motivation and packed 9 pounds in less than 2 months. this is the first time I will be doing SBD...and seeking support and motivation :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    hello, I am new as well, I lost weight I did well with low calorie diet, but as you, got injured and then really sick with the flu and totally lost motivation and packed 9 pounds in less than 2 months. this is the first time I will be doing SBD...and seeking support and motivation :)
    Friend everyone here. All nice folks!
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just joined this group and plan on starting phase 1 of SBD tomorrow. I lost about 30 pounds just counting calories and WW points then switched to Medifast and lost another 60 pounds. I'm within 25 pounds of my goal weight and decided to switch to SBD to allow for a greater level of activity and more foods.

I'm psyched!
  • gettingbec2basics
    gettingbec2basics Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey there :) Not new to MFP but new to the group. I've done SBD before and did well on it. Looking to get back into it. I just remember feeling really good when I was doing it. So yeah. Phase 1, here I come.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Hey there :) Not new to MFP but new to the group. I've done SBD before and did well on it. Looking to get back into it. I just remember feeling really good when I was doing it. So yeah. Phase 1, here I come.
    You can do it! I feel so much better if I eat "slow carb". SO much better.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Hi! I just joined this group and plan on starting phase 1 of SBD tomorrow. I lost about 30 pounds just counting calories and WW points then switched to Medifast and lost another 60 pounds. I'm within 25 pounds of my goal weight and decided to switch to SBD to allow for a greater level of activity and more foods.

I'm psyched!
    You're doing great! Eating slow carb (like South Beach) is pretty darned easy. I've been doing it for 12+ years now. It becomes second nature.