21 Days

Starting today (January 26th) I have giving up sweets (candy, cakes, etc...) for 21 days.

I'm actually a little frightened as I eat it every single day and I binge on it daily as well. I need to do this for my health and mostly my sanity as I feel like absolute crap when I get home from work.

If anyone would like to join me for 21 days, that would be awesome. It could be anything! Smoking, pizza, whatever.

Replies

• karenh
    karenh Posts: 44 Member
    I will do this with you. I have already gone at least 21 days with no candy, cookies, cake, chocolate and sometimes I feel like for all my hard work I should reward myself with something sweet.....BUT if I eat this stuff I will feel bad about it and I think it could trigger a binge since this is what has happened to me in the past. So, just when I'm feeling a little weak you helped me to commit again to staying away from the evil sugary foods. Keep in touch. We can do this!
  • Rebekah718
    Rebekah718 Posts: 134 Member
    I'm in it will be tough but we got this.
  • I am going to try giving up sodas. I drink diet, but they are soooooo bad for the gut!!! Plus I would like to kick the caffeine, even though I am premed!!! When you are in school, caffeine is almost a requirement.... And maybe I will try to kick the refined sugars, but not all sugars and carbs, the brain needs glucose to function!!!
  • Gemmz2014
    Gemmz2014 Posts: 220
    One day down. It wasn't easy. I have no sweets in the house but boy did I want to run out and buy ice cream. I didn't do it.

I felt good this morning not having binged on ice cream last night. I craved sweets the moment I got to work and had a cup of hot tea with a little honey. That seemed to work.

How is everyone else doing?
  • Great Job.I could have joined this challenge but I have been sugar free for past 7 weeks. First week was the tough and crazy, now I don't even crave for sugars any more. I was kind of addicted to diet coke and ice cream but got rid of them too. Hang in there for 10 days, you won't even miss those sweets after couple of weeks. I do add half teaspoon of honey with lime juice every morning as it helps me in fat metabolism.
  • Gemmz2014
    Great Job.I could have joined this challenge but I have been sugar free for past 7 weeks. First week was the tough and crazy, now I don't even crave for sugars any more. I was kind of addicted to diet coke and ice cream but got rid of them too. Hang in there for 10 days, you won't even miss those sweets after couple of weeks. I do add half teaspoon of honey with lime juice every morning as it helps me in fat metabolism.

Wow, that's fantastic!! We could use you to cheer us on and give us hope to make it through the day. :smile:
  • Gemmz2014
    Day three!!!!

How did everyone do yesterday?
  • I learned I cannot live without caffeine :( With exams and trying to keep up with studying, it's impossible!!!! But I did cut back considerably on diet soda. I'm drinking tones of water. It's a start, and Rome wasn't built in a day.....
  • Gemmz2014
    I learned I cannot live without caffeine :( With exams and trying to keep up with studying, it's impossible!!!! But I did cut back considerably on diet soda. I'm drinking tones of water. It's a start, and Rome wasn't built in a day.....

I can't live without caffeine either. I have my morning and afternoon coffee or tea. I have never been a soda drinker (fortunately). Do you like tea or coffee?
  • I like them both, but the tannins in the tea leave a bitter taste in my mouth and my GI tract is not fond of coffee!!!! I am going to try getting some green tea extract pills, see if that helps. I drank some soda this morning, and yesterday. But I do drink mostly water. I know the carbonation does horrible things to the gut though, so I am going to try something different. Hopefully it goes well, it will be a long semester without caffeine..... and NOBODY wants to see me like that, not even me!!!! LOL
  • I'd like to do this. I think I'm on the right track already, this will make sure I get rid of my sugr cravings for good :)
  • Today is one week! Wow, can't believe I made it this far.
  • Today is one week! Wow, can't believe I made it this far.

Wow congrats. Hang in there, it will get easier.
  • swsays
    swsays Posts: 125 Member
    I went from being a sugar freak to virtually losing my candy dravings almost overnight when I started having a green smoothie every morning. Same for my diet coke addiction - I was drinking 6+ cans a day and dropped to none within one month and I haven't had a single sip of soda for 3 months now. My husband still has diet Coke and Costco-sized containers of jelly beans and ice cream in the house, and it doesn't trigger anything! I had no idea the smoothies would allow me to drop both of those cravings but it happened suddenly and without my even thinking about it.

Keep at it everyone!
  • TXgolfguy
    TXgolfguy Posts: 30 Member
    I haven't had a sweet or soda since January 12th. I have had alchohol twice and it was one drink each time and it was only whiskey and water. I have eatin what I would call poorly twice in that time frame yet neither time did I go over my Calorie goal for the day but I did have ribs both times. So now 22 days in I have lost 28 pounds.