I am back

Options
I was not going to list all my excuses for being off the myfitnesspal for a couple of months but I decided I would bore you with the details anyway. Upon arriving to our winter paradise home in Florida I did very well at first then I caught up with all the social activities where I started eating out sooooooooooo much and just not paying any attention to what I was eating and of course the wine yummy. My children came - first my 11 yr. old granddaughter in mid Dec...then her Mom and the 3 year old twins and my other daughter and son-in-law - so of course the house was full of goodies and food food food...I am not sure why because I usually do not eat sweets much but for some reason I did and of course my downfall is hamburgers, French fries and bread bread bread.

They all left January 22nd and I decided I would start my regime with both exercise and eating. Well today is the day....bought 5 days of nutrisystem....was on the program before and did not like the food and it did not work but I decided I needed some very strict something in order to get kick started..................Walked today and am on track.

Oh yeah forgot the worst.......gained 5 lbs..................I am back on track - I am back on track and will not look back. Thanks for listening to my boring story. I am going to read the latest posts now and get inspired even more.....Linda

Replies

• dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    welcome back, you can do this
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, ireallyneedit.
    Hey only gaining 5 pounds is not bad at all, you must of had some of your training whispering in your ear. Sounds as if you had some marvelous times with family and that is always a good thing. I too kind of went off the grid for Dec and started back in. Good for you for getting right back into it!
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    OH yes - welcome back... it is a journey we all are on...!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • phylsyl
    phylsyl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Good to see you're back, Linda--and also back on track! It's hard when the family is around, and especially during the holidays, but you actually didn't do too badly! Those 5 pounds will be gone soon. Why do you need to suffer with Nutra-System if you don't like it?! try Jenny Craig, CEA-HOW or something else, that gives you some satisfying and healthy foods that taste good! I never had a bad recipe from the Jenny Craig cookbook! :flowerforyou:
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    welcome back
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, Ireallyneedit. Hopefully, you are in the warmer part of Florida, so get out and walk, enjoy the good weather.
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Welcome back...and I am right where you are....just got back today and hoping to lose those last few pounds......again!

We know we can do it...we just have to do it.........let's do it! :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: