Insanity

Options
Hi Ladies, do any of you do this program? I know I am 80lbs overweight but I am on week two and I really do like it. I cannot do all the moves perfectly and have incorporated a lot of modifications, but my goal is to be able to do these workouts with out any of them.

I was reading something the other day online how one school of thought is regardless of what you weigh now, one should begin eating calorie wise and food wise like the healthy person you want to be. For instance don't cut your calories a lot to lose in the beginning and then add, just eat like you are on maintenance at a certain weight (does that make sense, I don't know if I am explaining it right, but it did make sense in my head.)

Any way I was thinking the same for exercise, I want to lose weight so I can exercise really hard. I love to move, run, jump, play games of wiffle ball with the kids, do crazy dives off the board in the summer and this weight is totally keeping me back. So I am going to exercise and do the exercise programs that I would enjoy as a thinner person, with a lot of modifications until my body catches up.

Replies

• pastamomma
    pastamomma Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi, I don't do insanity, but I do Zumba and have the same philosophy. Move it until you can do it right. Each time I get closer. As far as the calories go, I'm nobody to give advice. Good luck with your crazy workout and do what you enjoy. That seems to be the thing, do what you enjoy because then you'll keep moving.