Semi-Newb

Options
MissAmyB80
MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
So I'm sort of a newbie - this is my 3rd time doing Couch To 5K.
The first time in 2011 I was successfull and ran several 5Ks and felt like a million bucks. Maybe 10 million bucks.
Then last year I made it through to about a 35 min run (I run slow - so I wasn't quite at a 5K) and then I got sidetracked and never got to running a whole 5K.

Well - I'm back for more!!!! I absolutely love this program. And this time I am sooooooooooooooo excited because I've convinced my sister to join me. My sister is about the same size as me and we pace about exactly the same. The last few times I've gone through it with friends who always ended up way out pacing me and running together was nearly impossible.

I'm just totally envisioning the future and running with my sister and completing 5ks with each other. I'm so excited. We both have about 100 lbs to lose through the process too. Could explain why we run so slow.

But hey - I once saw that quote - "I may run slower then a tortoise running through peanut butter - but at least I run!" - that's us.

We are just finishing up Week 1 - and I plan to stay accountable in this group as I have in the past.
Anyone else on week 1 or 2 out there?

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Great job at sticking to it! I'm pretty slow too, but getting faster. I just done have the genetics, but we all run our own race. The reality is that being the 112th person to cross the finish line has no more bragging rights than the 181st. What matters is that you put everything you have out there on the road.

I'm excited that you are getting your sister into it. That's so cool.
  • vijayadi
    vijayadi Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am doing c25k for the first time.Today was W2Day1. Since I am completely new to running, I don't even bother about speed at this point.Just want to increase my endurance to run up to 5miles.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    5k is actually 3.1 miles ;)
  • MissAmyB80
    MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Week 2 - Day 1 - DONE! :)

I'm running on a treadmill right now - as the weather outside is frightful! And I upped my incline to a 1 after reading about how thats more similary to running outdoors.

I have to say - it was rougher then I thought it would be but I kicked butt!!