How to change calorie Goals from default MFP recommendation.

Options
I tried changing the calorie goals to track my carbs, not the one recommended by MFP. It wouldn't save or change the calories, carbs or fats. I would appreciate if some one can guide me on how to do it?

Replies

• Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Home> goals> change goals> CUSTOM> (do your thing) > SAVE (green change goals button)
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    Thanks, but I can't change the total calories. The estimates are very low for a low carb diet with exercise.
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    the first line is net calories consumed. you can change that.
    Options
    Thanks for your help. After trying few times, I figured out the problem. It wouldn't update the carb,fat and protein targets if I changed the total calories. I had to first change the Carb,fat, and protein and keep the default calories. After saving the changes I had to go back and change the total calories.
  • lisajsund
    lisajsund Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Curious...
    What is your calorie goal and where do you have your macros set at?
    Do you know your BMR?
    Thanks,
    Lisa
    Options
    At a high level Fat: 70-75%, Protein 15% or 90-100g and Carbs 10% or (<60g), 100% sodium,100% potassium,100% Magnesium and almost all the vitamins. . I have been tweaking this for past few weeks depending on how my body is responding to training and diet.
    I have been doing low carb for almost 8 weeks. For first two weeks, I ate when I was hungry and stopped when I was full (1800-2000 Cal).. I started training for my half marathon in week3 of ketosis, felt miserable in week 3 and had to up my cal to 3000 (<60 g of carbs, 100g of Protein and rest from fat). Last two weeks even on my rest days I had to up my calories to 2300 as my running mileage for the week went up. I added P 90x to my training and increased the calorie intake this week and will probably go 100g of carb on the day I run 2hrs.

Bottomline: I eat when I am hungry and stop when I am full.