New to this group

Options
MePlus20
MePlus20 Posts: 55 Member
Hi all. I am trying to get back to how I used to eat. I was very much an intuitive eater, but after some life events, I got away from it. Hoping to get some support and share my journey with others.

Replies

• Aspieb
    Aspieb Posts: 26
    Options
    I have been struggling the last couple of weeks. I was doing great in November and December - even with all the food around. I even lost a few pounds. Then I started thinking about it too much. It sounds strange, but that's how it works for me. Now I"m trying to ease back into it.
  • MePlus20
    Options
    Hi Aspieb. Sorry you are struggling. That's how it worked for me and diets where I couldn't eat what I wanted - I'd start thinking about all the foods I couldn't have and craving them. I like this "diet" much better since I can eat what I want, I just try to pay closer attention to my body and when I'm actually hungry and full. What would help you to get back on track for intuitive eating?
  • Aspieb
    Options
    To be honest, I think I get all serious and IE turns into the 'Intuitive Eating Diet' and that doesn't work. At least not for me.

I hope that as the diet hype cools now that January is over I may be able to get back to what works for me. I really get tired of all the diet talk this time of year. I have to eat lunch with everyone else where I work, and there is always so much talk about 'good' and 'bad' foods', being 'naughty' and 'oh, I shouldn't', etc.

On the plus side, I just got back from grocery shopping for the week and bought some things I really like, so I may not enjoy the diet talk at lunch, but at least I'll enjoy the food :)
  • MePlus20
    Options
    Hmm...well maybe instead of thinking of this as the Intuitive Eating diet, just narrow it down to 2 questions. Before you eat ask yourself if you're really hungry. And while you're eating, just check in with yourself and see if you are still hungry. That's what I do and it helps me to reinforce it as changing unhealthy habits for the long term instead of Going On A Diet!

That would drive me nuts too about people around me talking about good food vs. bad food and the latest diet fads!
  • Aspieb
    Options
    One thing I need to do is put my scale away.