BrainyBurro's February 2014 Challenge

Options
BrainyBurro
BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
i'll be repeating my October 2013 IIFYM Pizza Challenge, only this time without all of the halloween candy!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1108045-brainyburro-s-october-2013-challenge

i'll be doing this challenge from the 1st to the 28th and will spell out all of my calorie and macro goals when i get started on saturday. :drinker:

Replies

• _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    But it's February, AKA, Valentines day chocolates, Peeps, heart shaped donuts, etc. Won't that tempt you? I'm in either way to root for you along the way. :drinker:
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    But it's February, AKA, Valentines day chocolates, Peeps, heart shaped donuts, etc. Won't that tempt you? I'm in either way to root for you along the way. :drinker:

sadly, there will be no valentine temptations for me. :ohwell:
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    i have my calories set at 1600 this month.

my fats goal is 70g. my protein goal is 155g.

since MFP uses that ridiculous ratio approach to setting macros and only allows changing the ratios in multiples of 5%, i can't get these precise values listed as my goals, so i'll just mentally compare my actual macros against those goals instead of the ones MFP gives me. as usual, i'll keep a spreadsheet in conjunction with my MFP logging and will keep an eye on the 2-day running average for protein and the 3-day running average for fats. i don't track carbs. i could care less about carbs. my carbs end up being whatever is leftover after eating my fats and protein.

my MFP settings for fats is 62g and protein is 140g. i'll just exceed those until i get to 70g (or more) and 155g (or more).

otherwise, the rest of my goals for the month are the same as my October 2013 Pizza Challenge.

- strength training 3 times a week
    - cardio as many times as i can do it with an eye toward not eating back those calories (although in reality i seem to end up eating back about 50% of them)
    - shooting for a loss rate of 3lbs/week which is fine for me at my current weight/BF%.
    - eat at least 1 slice of pizza every day this month
    - hit my calorie goal (on average for the month)
    - hit my macros
    - enjoy myself in the process! :)
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Awesome goals. Also, I use this userscript to be able to change my macros goals to grams:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/176696
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    Awesome goals. Also, I use this userscript to be able to change my macros goals to grams:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/176696

thanks.
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    Day 1

Feb01_zps3c4507d7.jpg

cardio: none
    strength: none
    TDEE using MFP #'s: 2590 calories
    today's deficit: 976 calories
    cumulative deficit: 976 calories

today's pizza... 3 x Papa John's medium slice (pepperoni, green peppers, mushrooms)

i'm a little under on my fats (my actual goal is 70g) and protein (my actual goal is 155g), so i'll make up for it tomorrow. i'm snowed in today, so i can't get up to the grocery store.
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    i will be away from MFP for a while, so i won't be able to do this challenge this month...
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    just posting this here as a test. i'll delete this post tomorrow.

MFPkeepcalmlogit_zps0a1cbfdf.jpg
  • Dallymomma
    Options

This group is dead, isn't it? I was hoping to find some magical knowledge on how to eat ice cream and other stuff and still loose weight.
  • BrainyBurro
    Options

This group is dead, isn't it? I was hoping to find some magical knowledge on how to eat ice cream and other stuff and still loose weight.

no, it's not dead. you can read through Cindy's or my own challenges from previous months to see that weight loss is truly all about "how many" calories you eat, and not "what" you eat.

i just haven't done a new challenge since my October 2013 challenge due to IRL reasons.
This discussion has been closed.