body weight program

Options
hello! I just got this book and I'm really looking forward to starting. As of right now I don't have a gym membership, but I do plan on getting one hopefully soon. until then I will be doing the body weight program, I'm just curious if anyone here has done solely that and if so how were the results? thanks guys!

Replies

• jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Sorry I can't help. I've used the bodyweight program on days where I'm due for a workout but just can't make it to the gym. Otherwise I've been using weights.
  • ectalba
    ectalba Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm on week 8 of the at-home body weight program and really like it. Even now, I still feel some (good) soreness throughout each day I use the program. I'm working on slowly, steadily losing extra fat (20-30# to go) while maintaining lean body mass and gaining strength. No change in pant size for a couple months (although I have lost some #'s) but have noticed some change in how pants fit--rear is higher, rounder, back of upper thighs especially are a bit leaner, plus overall feel stronger, better posture, etc. I'm happy with this, and know I'll see further changes as I drop fat off my lower body where I carry most of my extra weight. As of a few days ago, almost able to do an unassisted chin-up, which is saying a lot given where I started! I don't belong to a gym and have no plans right now to change that anytime soon. I alternate Strong Curves with other various short dvd workouts (yoga/pilaties/HIIT-type with 5-15lb dumbells) and walk briskly ~40 min 4-5x/wk so that contributes to increasing fitness, but think SC has contributed most to visible changes I've noticed. Might add to my arsenal at home or eventually join a gym if I decide lifting-related options at home are too limited, we'll see. Good luck!
  • CleverClone
    CleverClone Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Could someone please clarify this for me once and for all, I seem to be getting more confused the more I read; I want to add the glute-only exercises of the book to my current work outs, but as I can't currently make it to the gym on a regular basis I only exercise at home.
    Are there specific exercises for the glutes that can be done at home without any equipment? Or if “minimal equipment” (a phrase I keep running into!) is needed to complete them what type of equipment are we talking about?

I'm really interested in the book but if I would need equipment (or gym) to follow it I might have to wait a little while before investing in it... so would appreciate any information you guys can give me. :flowerforyou:
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Could someone please clarify this for me once and for all, I seem to be getting more confused the more I read; I want to add the glute-only exercises of the book to my current work outs, but as I can't currently make it to the gym on a regular basis I only exercise at home.
    Are there specific exercises for the glutes that can be done at home without any equipment? Or if “minimal equipment” (a phrase I keep running into!) is needed to complete them what type of equipment are we talking about?

I'm really interested in the book but if I would need equipment (or gym) to follow it I might have to wait a little while before investing in it... so would appreciate any information you guys can give me. :flowerforyou:

Yes there are glute specific exercises included in the body weight/at home program. I think the exercise list starts on page 135 of the book. Examples are:

Bodyweight glute bridge
    Bodyweight box squat
    Bodyweight foot elevated single-leg glute bridge
    Bodyweight step up
    Glute march
  • CleverClone
    CleverClone Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I guess I have to get my credit card out...
    Thank you! :smile: