Yoga Resources Here

Options
If you don't do yoga classes feel free to let us know how you fit yoga in at home, what websites or DVD's you have tried or used that you love or even didn't like.

--I have done videos from Sparkpeople, they have all sorts of videos from 3 minutes long to 15 and 20 and they have some instructional videos as well.

--I have Rodney Yee's Yoga For Beginners and that is what I currently use - it has the pose guide where they go through a number of poses and tell the proper way to do them etc. I found it very helpful and learned alot from the instruction which is about 30 minutes long and they also have a morning routine is 22 min and a evening routine is 17 minutes.

--when I very first started I had bought Yoga Now 3 DVD set...love love loved it I miss it i think I will buy it online. it has quite a bit of routines a 10 min AM energiser, 10 min PM De-Stress, a 30 minute core workout, 50 min accelerated workout and pose guide a 2 week meal plan a nutrition plan and a daily journal, I had only done the morning and evening routines and the 30 minute one before my kids got it and scratched em up :( but I would love to buy it again eventually but I really like my current video so far

--I tried the website do yoga with me which has some great videos but must have been my laptop or something but I couldn't seem to play a whole video which sucked it kept freezing

and I think thats about it...loved doing yoga in class too but I am full time working mom of 3 kids and found for myself that its just easier to do it at home (I made a workout room/yoga room in my house) and find that I like working out at home anyhow. Maybe once I have more time I will go back to hot yoga classes.

Replies

• nlpace02
    nlpace02 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just got the Rodney Yee's Yoga For Beginners which I plan to try out today. I have an older yoga video by the FIRM that's about 30 minutes. The production value is very dated but I like the workout ok. I'm also thinking about trying a hot yoga class at a local studio. I've never done hot yoga before.
  • SadieLemonade
    SadieLemonade Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've just done Barbara Benagh's AM PM Yoga for Beginners. It's very slow with a lot of focus on the breath and correct posture. It is perfect for beginners of anyone like me returning to yoga after some time. x