Finished my first virtual 5k

Options
hteepeg
hteepeg Posts: 64 Member
I finished my first virtual 5k and I'm not sure how I feel. There are some really great things that I accomplished. I actually did a run/walk combo of 3.25 miles - my furthest distance. I stuck with it and made it to the end. At this point, I don't have any injuries. I have some lessons learned. I included my 5 minute warm up as part of the 5k (which is why I went 3.25 instead of 3.1 miles). I probably won't include that in my actual time for the next one. My finish time was 59:39. I am not sure why I feel so weird about it?

Replies

• btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your first virtual 5k! That's an accomplishment! Yes, usually the 5 minute warmup walk and, in my case, the 5 minute cool down walk are not included in the distance or the time.

Keep going! You're doing great!
  • hteepeg
    hteepeg Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I think I am hooked. I have signed up for a Valentine's Day and a St. Patrick's Day virtual. By the time I get to the Hot Chocolate 5k in October, I should feel great!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    LOL. You should have an incredible 5k time if you focus on that goal between now and October.