February Challenge?

Options
Adc7225
Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
Hello,

I have to admit I am getting a little discouraged with groups where members appear to be inactive, so maybe a February Challenge where we check-in weekly if not daily will help build some camaraderie and support.

Since each person has their own workout routine, I think choosing your own challenge for the month would work best.

Mine will be to do some sort of strength exercise 5 days a week, I really need to develop a plan for that and incorporate it into my workout routine. I will rotate arm and leg exercises while still getting in some cardio.

Any takers? :smile:

Replies

• MsDeeDee25
    MsDeeDee25 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm down for it but I won't be finish with 30 Day Shred until Feb 14th.
  • Billswife2011
    Options
    Mine will be to do strength training at least six days a week...three days upper body and three days lower body. Trying to gain some muscle.
  • ElizabethT72
    ElizabethT72 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm all for it. My challenge for the month of February:
    Will be to walk 5 miles a day
    Drink 64 oz. of water
    No sodas
    Loss 8lbs.
    My biggest challenge is to get all of my steps (12,000) in every day.

Hopefully we will all do well with the checking as well.

Good luck to everyone.
  • ElizabethT72
    Options
    Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • ElizabethT72
    Options
    Hello, just updating my status. I got my 12,000 steps & 5 miles in for today. WooHoo!! Now its time to sit back and watch the superbowl.:smile:
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My challenge will be to drink 9 or more glasses of water a day. Also, incorporate weights with walking and kick boxing.
  • nrlangford1
    nrlangford1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I'm new to this thing and I'm down for the challenge. My challenge for the month is to give up soda and all sugary drinks. Workout at least 45 minutes for 4 days a week.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I started Jillian Miichaels body revolution last week so my challenge will be to stick to the plan for Feb and walk at least 250,000 steps, I have a Fitbit to track it and keep me honest.
  • dshalbert
    Options
  • Annabananas25
    Options
    Hey There!! I love a challenge!! We should get a little friendly/ fun competition going! It'll be fun!!
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

We are a week into February, how is everyone doing with your challenge?

I have been doing some strength training, doing squats, dead leg lifts, sexy arm workout, and I have changed up my cardio workouts by doing some structured workouts. They were a real challenge at first, especially since I had to watch my time to make the necessary adjustments so no reading or playing games on my phone :happy:

I would say it was a success because I lost 1.6 lbs. this week.

Check in, so we can keep supporting each other!
  • EternalRho1922
    EternalRho1922 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My Challenge for February is the following:
    *Lose 8 lbs
    *Not miss a day of JM Body Revolution workouts (I started Jan 27th)
    *Walk 10,000 steps a day (I have the Fitbit Force to track, and so far I have been avg 13,000 steps a day)

Feel free to add me. I log my food and exercise daily.
  • dshalbert
    Options
    *Lose 8 lbs
    *Walk 10,000 steps a day (I have the Fitbit Force to track, and so far I have been avg 13,000 steps a day)

Hey Eternal, I'm doing JM Body revolution & Fitbit Force as well! I started last Wednesday so I'm just a few days behind you. This is week 2 for me and I completed my 2nd work out for the week this morning.

I'm not giving myself a weight goal, since my body has a mind of its own no matter what I do so I'm sticking to things I can control, like my effort, which will include:

250,000 steps in February - Ithink I need to up that to 280,000 to keep up with Ms. Eternal here
    Also stay on schedule in JM Body Revolution

Let's go!

Here is where I am so far

exercise.png
    JM Body Revoltion - On Track!
    Weight Lost since last week - 1lb
  • EternalRho1922
    Options
    *Lose 8 lbs

Hey Eternal, I'm doing JM Body revolution & Fitbit Force as well! I started last Wednesday so I'm just a few days behind you. This is week 2 for me and I completed my 2nd work out for the week this morning.

I'm not giving myself a weight goal, since my body has a mind of its own no matter what I do so I'm sticking to things I can control, like my effort, which will include:

250,000 steps in February - Ithink I need to up that to 280,000 to keep up with Ms. Eternal here
    Also stay on schedule in JM Body Revolution

Let's go!

Here is where I am so far

exercise.png
    JM Body Revoltion - On Track!
    Weight Lost since last week - 1lb

Hi! Those are great goals. I finished my workout 2 video for the last time this morning. Next week I start workout 3 and 4. I know the intensity jumps a lot next week but I am going to give it my all. I hope we can keep each other motivated with this and our steps. My Zumba workouts gives me major calorie burn and tons of steps. It is a great cardio compliment to the Body Revolution.
  • chacokat27
    chacokat27 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm late on this, but my Feb goal is to become a stronger runner and drink more water ( 1 glass an hour). I have intentions on running a half marathon in May and I am not a strong runner at all. So the other half of my goal is to find a training plan that I can stick to and build me up to the 13.1 miles I need to finish the run and in a decent time.
  • EternalRho1922
    Options
    I did my measurements last night. I lost 1.6 lbs last week and 6.125 inches. Therefore, I say I am declaring last week a success. I really need to focus more on eating healthier by cutting back on the bread this week.
  • taharris09
    taharris09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! New to the group so I'm a little behind. My goals for February are to walk 10,000 steps a day...tracking with Fitbit Zip, and to drink a min of 8 glasses of water a day.
  • song_chi_po
    song_chi_po Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Ladies! I'm just joining as well and am glad to be part of this group. My February goal is to complete Jillian Michaels' "30 Day Shred" workouts 4 days per week and run 2-5 miles 3 days per week, in accordance with a Half-Marathon training plan. I'm currently on Week 2 of the "30 Day Shred". Best wishes to all of you in your endeavors!
  • chacokat27
    chacokat27 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Which half marathon training plan are you using? My local running groups have already started training for our upcoming marathon in May, so I am on my own. It's my first one so I am getting guidance from different ppl, but i need a program. The only one that I have found is the Hal Hidgon program. Will this be your first half marathon?
  • dshalbert
    Options
    So far on track with my Jillian Michaels Body Revolution program! And progressing on my steps.

exercise.png