More Questions

Options
SezxyStef
SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
after watching the "so you think you can squat/deadlift series on youtube...

I learned a lot. I have deloaded my squat already for form and noticed when I get atg it was an effort to get up at 135...more so than at 150...going to stay at 135 Friday make sure my form is good...I also noticed on the squat series they marked the middle of the bar. I know I am good as far as keeping my head and chest up so happy there...gotta watch my parallel and keeping knees out and pressure on my outter and back of my foot.

Deadlift was eye opening. I am going to deload that as well probably down to 150 and work on my form with that as well. lots of things in that series that make so much sense now...thrusting hip forward, and the speed of the bar coming off the floor and not resting between reps..(thought I had read/saw somewhere to take a breif pause between each rep)

question now is when do you start accessory work and do you do it on your off days or on your lifting days???? And how do you know if you need to do accessory work.

and...with my DL negatives I can't drop that weight at my house not yet...I am upstairs, hardwood floors, padded mind you...might get more pads but on the negatives do I have to drop it or set it down in a controlled manner?

Ditto with the rows? do I have to let it go down "hard" or can I control it?

Might almost be time to join a gym....:sad: :sad: :sad: