Saying "Hi" and quick introductions

Options
kawookie
kawookie Posts: 813 Member
Welcome to the February Keeping it Green + hydr8 challenge. The purpose of this group is to encourage everyone to eat within their MFP goals - gaining, losing, maintaining are all welcomed. The objective is simple: to have as many days where you calories stay in the green on MFP as possible. New this month we are also taking goals for number of days you stay hydrated (8 cups of water or more).

To motivate you, I suggest logging in daily to update the group of your progress. We keep a spreadsheet of green days and give out awards for achieving 10, 18, 25, and your own goal of green days. We also have an award for managing to be green for the entire month! The awards given out are posted in the thread "February award preview".

We do not evaluate what you eat, although we strongly suggest that everyone stay within the MFP guidelines of at least 1200 a day (unless you are under the care of a doctor). We also expect red days occasionally and we suggest that you plan for them accordingly. Birthdays, vacations, anniversaries and holidays are all great reasons to have red days. Planning ahead for days of celebration allows us to enjoy our family celebrations without ruining our health goals!

This group has been active for 5 months with a great core of people. Our current moderators are myself (kawookie), SunnieRN3, R_Queenie, Jbharwood and jigsaw_me. This team makes sure that the challenge is run efficiently by awarding medals and updating the spreadsheet. The current spreadsheet (for January) can be viewed here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtNrl6q7UrYTdEsxNVZWeW1kRFI5bENCZE1Rdk11WXc&usp=drive_web#gid=1

Replies

• R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Hi! So happy to be in it for the 5th month!!!

I love how this challenge gives you a little wiggle room and it focuses on something that you DO have control over...the daily numbers. Regardless of what is happening (or not happening) on the scale this challenge gives you the feedback to make good choices every day and feel success!!!

Hope to see many familiar faces from previous challenges and some new ones as well! :bigsmile:
  • BuffySlays2000
    BuffySlays2000 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hey!! Really looking forward to participating in this challenge. Have heard a lot about it and it sounds like the kind of challenge I need to further my goals. Happy to be here!
  • amina429
    amina429 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    February will be my second month - I love this challenge - keeps me focused.
  • miridai
    miridai Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi, I´m in too, I just hope to be able to keep up more with the group this month, ´cause January was hopeless because of workload. And I love the additional goal, lately I´ve been struggling with my hydration, thanks for bringing it up! :flowerforyou:
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Kawookie, as usual you are ON it!!!! Awesome my friend!!!! I joined but as I explained, I will be popping in and out, due to moving in February!!! Happy to see a new person, it's nice to meet you BuffySlays. This is an awesome group and what I like is that you set your own goals, so you are only competing against yourself!!!

Amina, you did great for January!!! I'll be looking forward to seeing everyone on the February sign in threads!!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I am in for my second month. I'm really glad that green days include some room OVER the goal as I am just beginning my maintenance phase and the point is not to be under the goal as often as I have been. (Although, as sick as I was throughout January, you wouldn't know I was trying to eat up to my calories.) Looking forward to getting another set of medals for hydrating as well...that is something I really need to focus more on.
  • merry_abandon
    merry_abandon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Saying a very embarrassed "hello" to everyone... fell off the wagon towards the end of December as far as logging in the group was concerned. :embarassed: Chevy's return reminded me of the group and I realized I've been struggling on my own since I left! Hope you don't mind having me back for February!
  • moneil25
    moneil25 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm back. I needed a break from a challenge for January. Thank you Kawookie for keeping this going.
  • debbie7373
    debbie7373 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    This will be my second month and I'm loving it! This group really keeps me motivated. Thank you to everyone and I'm looking forward to seeing you all and new members again this month.
  • SandraJane2013
    SandraJane2013 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    New to the group and happy to be involved. I appreciate the accountability - I need better resolve to do the daily logging and this might be it. Looking forward to the month.