Yoga apps (that do not require connection to internet) ?

Options
elyelyse
elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
I'm looking for recommendations for yoga apps that will allow me to access the content when not connected to the internet. I'd like to practice some yoga after my runs at the gym, but the wifi doesn't reach any of the appropriate rooms! When there is a class offered at the right time, I'll take it. If not...well...yeah I could just come home to do it but let's face it...it's MUCH easier to do it when already in the zone. I've been doing yoga for a long time, so I don't need an app that is going to detail every pose for me...I'd just like to be able to select a "class" to follow. (I'm even knowledgable enough to put together a good series, but I don't want to think that much each time) Videos would be ideal, but audio with pictures or a chart for quick reference would be enough.

I really love doyogawithme.com but that requires an internet connection, or paying to download individual videos.

Suggestions? Free would be great of course, but, I'm willing to spend a few bucks, too.

Replies

• odonogc
    odonogc Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Yogaglo is $18 a month, and has an offline viewer where you can download up to 10 practices onto your ipad or phone.

I swear I'm not working for yogaglo, I'm just a huge fan!
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I have an app called all in yoga. It was free when I got it a couple of years ago :) it has verbal prompts and a static image instead if video. You can also click on a pose to get more details on how to do it. It has a few routines already done or you can make your own to follow.
  • elyelyse
    Options
    I have an app called all in yoga. It was free when I got it a couple of years ago :) it has verbal prompts and a static image instead if video. You can also click on a pose to get more details on how to do it. It has a few routines already done or you can make your own to follow.
    Oh static image is fine too, I know poses, i just want something to visually reference. I'll check it out, thanks.
  • elyelyse
    Options
    Yogaglo is $18 a month, and has an offline viewer where you can download up to 10 practices onto your ipad or phone.

YogaGlo applied for, and got, THE most rediculous patent, and is issuing cease and desist letters to other studios who film their classes with an instructor in the front of the room and video cameras in the back of the room, with students in between. WHAT? Isn't that just called "filming a yoga class"? NOT good karma. I can't in good conscience give them any money.
    (But thanks for the suggestion!)
  • readthat
    readthat Posts: 136
    Options

I am with you on Yogaglo! I love it and I had no idea you could download some of the videos. Thats good to know , since occasionally my internet is sketchy.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I use yoga hd.. You can download many presets and create your own.. I use it on my ipad at home for my morning stretches. Just make sure your routines are downloaded before you go
  • elyelyse
    Options
    I use yoga hd.. You can download many presets and create your own.. I use it on my ipad at home for my morning stretches. Just make sure your routines are downloaded before you go
    I just tried looking for "yoga hd" in the App Store up didn't find anything with that name. Is there a more complete name?
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I just tried looking for "yoga hd" in the App Store up didn't find anything with that name. Is there a more complete name?

Viaden Yoga "All-in Yoga HD"
  • Leaping_Lemur
    Leaping_Lemur Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Yogadownload.com has a bunch of audio and video files. They have quite a few free 20 minute ones, plus longer ones available for purchase. I have several of the audios on my mp3 player. I know the poses so I frankly don't use the videos much. I've found them to be pretty good (though of course some instructors are better than others).
  • nenshali
    nenshali Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite sure if you need internet for it, but I use "Daily Yoga" and I love it!
    You can download certain programms, some are free, for some you need premium. I don't have premium yet, I want to see if I stick to it, first :P

I am currently using everything on "easy mode" because I'm fairly new to it, but there are also harder ones.
    I absolutely love this app. A calming voice is guiding you, video presentation so you know what and how to do it, and calm music in the background (which you can also turn off if you don't like it)

:flowerforyou: