Options

Replies

• jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Someone on my facebook feed just posted this:

http://insidebrucrewlife.com/2012/09/butterfinger-mousse-cheesecakes/

Butterfinger-Mousse-Cheesecakes-title.jpg

I will hunt them down and have them make them for me, by force, if necessary.
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options

Butterfinger-Mousse-Cheesecakes-title.jpg

Ya'll can yell at me later for quoting the picture, but I think the picture needs to be here more than once. :love:
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Damn, they look awesome! Keep us updated about the hunt and the outcome :-)

Welcome back, Elaine :-)

The torso skip pic :laugh:
  • viglet
    viglet Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Ya'll can yell at me later for quoting the picture, but I think the picture needs to be here more than once. :love:

:love:
    I have seriously been craving a nice thick creamy cheesecake lately....
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    :love: Gah, that looks absolutely delish!! Send me ONE after you make them, K? Sending address in a PM...

[Edited for typos]
  • jstout365
    Options
    :love: Gah, that looks absolutely delish!! Send me ONE after you make them, K? Sending address in a PM...

[Edited for typos]

I'll be out towards your neck of the woods over Christmas. I'll make a batch and can get some to you!
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Damn was peckish then looked on here and saw them cheesecakes now I'm full on starving!!
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else ever "come to" in the middle of an exercise? Where you're holding a weight and you're not sure what you're doing with it or how the exercise goes?

No, uh, not me either.
  • holliehatesyou
    holliehatesyou Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I just walked out of the gym in tears, without finishing my workout.

I get very anxious still. I'm still new to lifting, and I'm still having to compromise the squats (I'm using two dumbbells) because my gym doesn't have a squat rack. I found that when I get there at opening on Saturday, it's generally empty. Not true today. I had to wait and wait and wait for a space near the free weights. They've got so many crummy machines crammed into the area now, that it's hard to get in there. There were three guys and a girl and I walked on the treadmill nearby, hovering and waiting for some of them to finish up. Two of them left and I commenced my squats.

I've been working really hard to get deeper with my squats, after I realized what I THOUGHT was deep really wasn't. The girl I mentioned before was still over there, and I wasn't paying any attention to her, so I don't know what she was doing. She then walked up to me and said, super condescendingly, "Hon... when you do your lunges, you really gotta be more careful." I told her I was doing squats, not lunges, and she said it didn't matter, I was going way too deep and that I was going to hurt myself. She started demonstrating super shallow squats. I said something like, "Okay, thank you.." and kind of turned away. She went away, but on my next set, she came back over and started talking to me like a child, telling me not to do it that way, etc. I gave her the "back off" (hand up, palm out) body language while telling her thanks, and she still wouldn't stop. I finally just walked past her while she was talking and put my weights back and went away from her, over to where the bars are to do my overhead presses.

Except... that girl had the weights I needed on her bar, over by the dumbbells. She wasn't using them, she just had them. And then a gym employee came up, this older woman, and started asking me a million questions. (I've had an issue with this woman before, coming up to me while running and acting as though she was so shocked I was able to run - also super condescending) "Is this the bar you want to use?" "What are you up to today?" "Is that too heavy?" ...The bars were either all way too light or a little too heavy, and she was all up in my face, and I kind of had a mild anxiety attack and left.

I just wish people would understand that some people do not want their input. This is the second time other people have bothered me at the gym to the point where I got upset. I understand that people may be "just trying to help" but I think they need to be aware of their help not being wanted. If I want their help, I will ask. Leave. Me. Alone. Just because I'm overweight doesn't mean I'm brand new to working out. It's condescending to think otherwise.
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear you had that experience. Two suggestions.. wear earbuds (even if you tuck them into your waistband and aren't listening to music. And stop being so nice. The first time 'thank you, but I'm happy with my programme' is ok. The next time 'If I want advice I will ask someone qualified for it' the third time 'was I not clear? f**k off!' (maybe not!) or just completely ignore them, don't make eye contact, don't respond, and get on with what you want to do.
    You could always complain to management if you don't like the input.

hope next time is better.. x
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    ^^^ This.

I'm often astounded at the nerve of some people in the gym...especially when they know less than I do.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    ^^^ This.

I'm often astounded at the nerve of some people in the gym...especially when they know less than I do.

x2...

Definately put the earbuds in...

I personally would print of an article on correct squat form and hand it to the asshat..
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    @holliehatesyo
    HOLY CRAP. I honestly think you should look into going to a dif. gym. #1 they dont have the equipment you would like to use (it sounds like) #2 B!tches be CRAY up in there talking AT you like tha t...yes at you...because to you would mean she gave a damn what you had to say and obviously she doesnt. #3 Workouts are supposed to be a safe place for you to workout...Safety isnt just proper form- you also have to feel safe...this place sounds toxic.

I cannot believe the nerve... I am upset for you.

Keep doing your thing...do NOT let her stop you.
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Tell her *kitten*-to-grass squats are better than half *kitten* squats any day! :smile:
  • holliehatesyou
    holliehatesyou Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I kind of got the feeling she wants to be a trainer and was trying to use me as a guinea pig.

I stood outside the door for a while, thinking about going back inside and telling her how inappropriate it was to assume that strangers want to hear her unsolicited advice without her knowing anything about them. I'm already so nervous in there -- and regardless if she's wrong or right or "just trying to help," it's not okay to put people on the spot like that.

Someone should open a no eye-contact gym for us anxiety-ridden introverts.
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @holliehatesyo
    HOLY CRAP. I honestly think you should look into going to a dif. gym. #1 they dont have the equipment you would like to use (it sounds like) #2 B!tches be CRAY up in there talking AT you like tha t...yes at you...because to you would mean she gave a damn what you had to say and obviously she doesnt. #3 Workouts are supposed to be a safe place for you to workout...Safety isnt just proper form- you also have to feel safe...this place sounds toxic.

I cannot believe the nerve... I am upset for you.

Keep doing your thing...do NOT let her stop you.

+1
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    ^^^ This.

x2...

Definately put the earbuds in...

I personally would print of an article on correct squat form and hand it to the asshat..

I took a screen shot on my phone from Starting Strength to show the proper squat position because my mom and I had the same thing happen. They never said anything again, but I was ready. I am overweight & my mom is older, so they, who spend 2+ hours every day at the gym felt they could school us. Now, after 7 weeks, we are part of the scenery & people probably just thing we are crazy ladies squatting "wrong" & heavy :)
  • jstout365
    Options
    Off topic.....well, chat thread, so not really.....

Too tired to get the house cleaned up....6 PM and

tumblr_muzud0Z30O1ret4jjo1_500.gif
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    @hollie wow. your gym does not seem fun. Some people just can't take a hint can they.