Introductions

Options
Julie20fan
Julie20fan Posts: 361 Member
Hey There Everyone~

I am so happy you have chosen to be a part of my group. This is going to be a great way for each of us to stay accountable. I want this to be a place where you can share what you like. We are all here for support, right. Please take a few minutes and introduce yourself to the group.

A little about me. I am a bit of a health and fitness nut. I look at myself as a work in progress and as long as I am working out and keeping my nutrition in check I know I am one step closer to becoming a healthier me. How about you?

Replies

• amyallyson
    amyallyson Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey Julie,

Thanks for starting this group.

My name is Amy and I have tried so many fad/yoyo diets in the past that haven't worked. I'm doing the Gold's Gym 12 Week Challenge because I am competitive and I think the challenge will give me a great 12 week start to the rest of my life.

I recently read a book called "You're a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Live an Awesome Life" by Jen Sincero. I'm not a big reader of self-help books and I think this book is totally different because it is comical and Jen is a straight shooter. I highly recommend it to anyone who has some area of their life that they wish they could change. More than anything else, the book helped me look at the big picture instead of the small battles.

This time is different because my head is in it. I look forward to meeting everyone and holding you accountable. I hope you'll do the same for me.
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Welcome Amy~

I am so glad you are a part of this group and thank you so much for sharing your story. You are going to rock this Gold's Gym Challenge. We will all be here to support you each step of the way. Congrats on taking the first step.
  • wildflower_kls
    wildflower_kls Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi there.... I'm Kelsey, 22. I live in a small town in Maryland where everybody pretty much knows everybody! Trying to lose some extra weight and get fit and healthy in the process. I always seem to start off really good, get in a couple of weeks and then I get off track. I NEED somebody to be on top of me all the time about what I'm eating and did I go to the gym. I'm always super busy so I eat out all the time. I'm trying to get better at that, but its still a work in progress.

Ready for a change!
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Welcome to the group Kelsey! So happy to have you. Each and everyday is a new day and we can make small changes each day that will lead to BIG results. Being part of this groups is going to help you and so glad you have become a part of it with us.
  • pamr40
    pamr40 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm Pam, a 54 year old mother and grandmother from Texas. I need to lose about 35 lbs and just received a Jawbone UP bracelet for Christmas so I've managed to sync it with my account here. I would love to have friends who could help me along the way. I've been logging my workouts and calories the entire month of January, but I'm not quite sure if I'm eating enough so I would love some advice! My allotted calories is 1200 and I stay pretty close to that, although under a few now and then, but I haven't been eating the extra that I earn from exercise. Might that be why the weight is coming off so slowly?? Thanks in advance and I look forward to making some new fitness friends!!
  • mallen40
    mallen40 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I am Melissa and recently turned the big "40" but don't feel it!! I am new to working out & actually sticking to a diet/exercise plan. I have done it for 2 weeks now and needing some motivation to keep it going. I have a goal to loose at least 40 pounds by May and hope joining your group will help me stay accountable. We are going to Mexico in May and want to look decent in a swimsuit as to not scare the people away. I am always needing extra motivation and accountability because I will usually do good for a little bit but then stop. For me to just do this for 2 weeks now is a new record.
  • graceisfree
    graceisfree Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm Dazz and 32 year old mother of a boy and girl. I'm looking to lose at least 10 lbs by the end of next month Feb. I've failed many times but now I'm back for good. I also need friends that will encourage me as I will be encouraging them as well. Feel free to add me
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Hey Pam! Thank you for joining this group. You want to be at a deficit each day. You also do not want to drop a drastic amount of weight all at one time. Slow and steady is how you keep it off. You are in the right place. We are all in here to share ideas and encourage one another. What does a day in the life of Pam look like? What do your workouts consist of?
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Welcome Melissa! So happy to have you a part of this group. You are in the right place. Give yourself a pat on the back for reaching the two week goal. It is so important to set short term goals that you know you can attain and then those long term goals are right within reach. I think you have a realistic goal in mind and you are more than capable of reaching it. Tell me about what your day consists of? What do your workouts consist of?
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Awesome to have you Dazz! Great name by the way. You can most certainly reach this goal. Always remember to shoot for proper nutrition and add exercise in and you will most certainly be on the right track. What are you doing currently to reach this goal?
  • morris76058
    morris76058 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kim, I'm 36 and a mother to 3 amazing kids. I have been dieting for just over a year and lost about 118lbs so far. However, the last 3 months I seem to lose and re-gain the same couple pounds. It's like I got complacent with where I am. Yes, I do look and feel better than before, but I am still overweight. I would like to lose another 80lbs. I seem to do great for a few days, then slide back to a maintenance type way of eating. So, I'm setting a new goal of 10lbs a month. My husband and I plan to celebrate our 15 year wedding anniversary in Cancun this July. I desperately want to look and feel much better in my swimsuit while lounging on the beach.

I'm looking forward to getting to know each of you and supporting each of us in our goals to get healthy!
  • slimwoman2013
    slimwoman2013 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone...I am Jackie and I live in the Bahamas. I have been trying to loose weight for many years. I have decided that this is the year I will live my dreams by becoming a slimmer me. I plan to accomplish this by July 28; hopefully joining this group will be just the thing I need to help me reach my goal.
  • Elefseya
    Options
    Greetings. I am Lily, I live in southern California. I have been competitively figure skating ever since I was seven. I was in a bad car accident about four months ago, so I needed time off the ice to recover from the fractures on my arms and legs. During my recovery time, I still ate like an athlete, but I didn't exercise at all. Obviously, I gained about 20 pounds, but I also grew an inch. After I realized how much weight I put on, I panicked. I felt like I had lost control of my life. I was clinically diagnosed with depression last month. I want to help myself get my life back, and I thought it would be great if I could at least lose some of the weight before I return to the ice next month. Ten pounds by the beginning of March would be a great start. (I can't help feeling self conscious when I'm in a miniskirt being compared to 30 other girls)
  • Tkdalexis
    Tkdalexis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Alexis and I am wanting to lose 35lbs by July as I am going to be bridesmaid for my sisters wedding. I have always struggled with my weight and have reached my goal many times but have put the weight back on this time I am not letting this happen. I am so happy to have found this group and with your help I hope to reach my goal :happy:
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Hey Kim~ It's a pleasure to have you be part of this group and congrats on the weight loss so far. That in itself is an amazing accomplishment. You are going to be a shining example of what losing weight is all about. You are creating your success story to share with many others. All along this way we will all learn some new tricks and tips on eating healthier and fitness.
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Hey Jackie~ It's great to have you join this group. What is your goal by July? What are you doing currently to get there? With the right plan you will meet and exceed that goal. Let's do this together.
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Hey Lily~ Welcome to the group and happy to hear you are on the road to recovery from your accident. You are here for a reason and with the proper guidance and support you will most definitely reach that goal for yourself by March. Competitive skating, impressive. We will be here to support you every step of the way. Thank you for sharing your story.
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Hey Alexis~ Beautiful name by the way and welcome to this group. It's so important to be accountable for each of our actions and groups such as these make us feel we are accountable to all the other members of the group. With gradual process and placing one foot in front of the other you can accomplish anything you put your mind to. Great to have you and yes you will look stunning for your sister's wedding.
  • fitforfifty
    fitforfifty Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is the first time I've joined a group. Getting support is the only thing I haven't done to maintain my weight so I'm going to give it a try! I turned 50 this year and for the past two years I have not been able to lose that last 20 pounds. I've always been a yoyo dieter. Gain 10 pounds in the winter, lose 10 pounds in the summer. But with mid-life came an emotional shift where I've lost my desire? ability? to restrict myself of unhealthy foods and overeating, but yet I want to be at a healthy, happy weight. So I am so conflicted.This time in losing weight I don't have a goal weight I just want to be in control of what I eat and not overeat, to stick to the eating plan that I've set for myself that day.

I don't know if its hormones (I'm in the middle of losing my period and hoping this time I'll be in menopause!) or mid-life but I've lost that spark (I ran a marathon in October (my last I'm too slow now so I'm sticking to half marathons) but I had no emotional high or low from running the marathon it just was and that's sad. You would think that with all that running I'd get to my healthy weight, but still couldn't because of the overeating. I'm hoping that getting back to a healthy weight will bring back the spark!

I loved reading your introductions and look forward to some support. Would love to hear how other mid-lifers are coping! But enjoy hearing about everyone's journey!
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    It's great to hear your story and what you struggle with fitforfifty. As we age your body goes through changes. Each and everyday your body is one day older. It's about how do we tweek things to make it work for us. We will learn some tricks and tips on portion control as well and eating healthier vs. the junk that we all crave on occasions. Welcome and happy to have you.