Weekly challanges Feb 3rd through Feb9th.

Options
2»

Replies

• californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Did modified jack. Can't jump on these old busted up ankles!

Actually with the standing jacks, there is no jumping, just jack and squat. So glad you did not try jumping! I too can not jump. scares me to even try. LOL Don't know how long it has been since I jumped. Probably way before I had the knee replaced. Good job IWTBFCIN3
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I just joined so I played catch up today. Monday’s I did ten on each side. Tuesday’s I did 15 on each side. Wednesday’s I can’t do because I have a metal knee and am not allowed to jump or do squats.
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    I just joined so I played catch up today. Monday’s I did ten on each side. Tuesday’s I did 15 on each side. Wednesday’s I can’t do because I have a metal knee and am not allowed to jump or do squats.

Excellent catching up CRody44!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Thursday done! Now off to have eye surgery.
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    Sending good thoughts your way IWTBFCIN, good luck with the eye surgery. Speedy healing to you.
  • CRody44
    Options
    Today is my scheduled plank day so I’ll do the back to the floor exercise tomorrow. Today I did 40 minutes of seated elliptical, 5 sets of 20 ball crunches and 5 sets of 20 second planks. I do my planks on my toes and forearms.
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Gotta love technology! :laugh:

dtrtcrtn.gif
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    @CRody44, great job on those exercises! May I ask what a seated elliptical is? I am thinking it is like the one I have. Elliptical/stationary bike? You are great on the planks!

@Wooken3. Oh how I wish I had that stomach modem! Wouldn't that be cool? LOL
  • CRody44
    Options
    californiagirl,

The seated elliptical has an adjustable, nice wide seat (I don’t like impacted bicycle seats), elliptical foot rests and grab bars for your hands. I have an artificial knee and this is one of the few aerobic exercises that doesn’t put pressure on the joint. I don’t want to wear it out before my 100th birthday. : D

On the planks, when I started early last month, I could only do one set of 10 seconds, but by increasing them every time and strength training at the gym, I now do a lot better.

Today I had a pre-op with the cataract surgeon (set for the 27th) so I didn’t get to the gym. I did do 50 back presses switching today’s exercise with yesterdays.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I drank 10 glasses of water. Feel kind of bloated!