Daily Goals

Options
PSUgrl921
PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
I will be starting today! However new members can join/start whenever! There is no cut off date.

So my goals for today: 2/2 are to:

Start this group (Yay, check mark!)!
Track all of my food and stay relatively close to my goal (just started back up again so it is a struggle).
Get some kind of exercise in.

Replies

• arwacky
    arwacky Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Love the idea of this group!!

My goal(s) today are:

1. Not eat horribly at the Super Bowl party I am going to tonight. (I have eaten well so far in anticipation)
    2. Get better (I've been sick) so I can start working out again.
  • discobarbie1971
    discobarbie1971 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi

New to this group and looking forward to being inspired and motivated when I'm struggling and being able to offer support and share experience to anyone that will listen

Today my goals were:

To get out on my bike for an hour - completed lovely bright sunny yet cold day

Prepare food for the coming week so i have no excuses, a huge batch of quorn chilli ready full of fresh veg too......if its good enough for Mo Farah its good enough for me (for anyone not from the UK he is the face of quorn (meat free mince).

Book into 4 spin classes for the rest of the week - Mon, Tue, Wed and Thurs

Download some new music on my MP3 to get me back in the gym and on the treadmill

Thats all for today...enough to set me up for the week ahead :) Good luck with your goals everyone!
  • kittykat1994
    kittykat1994 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My goal is for today is to not go over my calories at all as I have the last two days!
  • GG11Green
    Options
    My goal every day is to stay under my calories. Found this app 3 weeks ago at 300 pounds, today I'm down 15 pounds.
    Another goal is to be sure I record them; for me, the measurement of progress is very motivational. I also actively look for lower calorie alternatives in everything I eat. Tea vs coffee, almond milk vs milk etc... Best of luck everyone!
  • kirstenvcc
    kirstenvcc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group so hey everyone, my goals for today are:
    Get up and ready quick enough to have breakfast
    Remember to take a banana and apple to school for break and lunch
    Don't waste money on any other food at school
    Drink 3 cups of water (I never drink it so I'm starting small)
    Don't give into temptation and buy sweets on the way home
    Eat dinner then nothing else afterwards
    Finally, remember to track my calories and update how successful I was here!
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am new to the group and didn't start soon enough for today.

My goal for 2/3:
    1. Log everything and stay within calorie goals set by body media fit
    2. Day 3 C25K, no excuses
    3. Start parking far away from my building again.
    4. Take the dang stairs instead of the elevator.

One day at a time. I love this idea. Good luck to everyone!
  • thebestistocome
    thebestistocome Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am new to the group.

My goals for today are to exercise for at least an hour.

Go to bed early.

Prepare my lunch and snack for tomorrow tonight
  • PSUgrl921
    Options
    Welcome everyone! I'm so glad to see that people are joining me!

Discobarbie... I love the idea of getting everything ready Sunday night. I think I'm gonna try that next week!

As for yesterday, I did very well... only 150 calories over which is saying something since the Superbowl party I went to had ALL of my favorite snack foods. It was very hard to only take a taste of everything (and skip the cake) but I did it!

So goals for today are:
    -Log all my calories (always a real eye opener for me) and stay relatively close to calorie goal.
    - If it stops raining outside go for a run (I am training for a half marathon... not very well). If it doesn't stop raining do some kind of exercise in the house (anyone have any suggestions?)
    - Drink my 8 glasses of water.

Good luck everyone and have a wonderful day!
  • PSUgrl921
    Options
    Oh and so everyone knows... if you have daily goals not related to fitness... go ahead and post them! I will probably post budgeting ones throughout since I really need to start saving money. :)
  • jonquilnash
    Options
    Well my goal today was to go to a spin class for the first time, and to stay under my calorie goal...I've done both! Tomorrow's goals are go for a run in the morning...and stay under my goal again :) should be easier tomorrow as I have basketball training in the evening so can eat a bit more!
  • discobarbie1971
    discobarbie1971 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    todays goals were:

avoid sugar in my coffee - my weakness.....no sugar has passed these lips today!
    stay within my allowance and eat good healthy food
    go spinning!

just out of interest do you guys eat the calories you get from exercise? I'm not sure if i am supposed to or not.
  • jonquilnash
    Options
    I eat my calories, because otherwise I would definitely not be sticking to this plan!
  • Dnarules
    Options
    Hi. I am new to the group and didn't start soon enough for today.

My goal for 2/3:
    1. Log everything and stay within calorie goals set by body media fit
    2. Day 3 C25K, no excuses
    3. Start parking far away from my building again.
    4. Take the dang stairs instead of the elevator.

One day at a time. I love this idea. Good luck to everyone!

I did all 4. Yay! Ended up with over 10000 steps already today :). Well, I am going to be up for a few more hours, so hopefully I will stay in my calorie goal :). I don't think that will be an issue tonight. I'll set new goals in a bit.

Oh, and I do eat back my exercise calories, at least 75-80% of them. I hope today is going well for everyone.
  • PSUgrl921
    Options

So goals for today are:
    -Log all my calories (always a real eye opener for me) and stay relatively close to calorie goal.
    - If it stops raining outside go for a run (I am training for a half marathon... not very well). If it doesn't stop raining do some kind of exercise in the house (anyone have any suggestions?)
    - Drink my 8 glasses of water.

Good luck everyone and have a wonderful day!

Goal 1: Check. I messed up at lunch and was so scared I'd go way over. I wasn't as close to my calorie goal as I wanted but I was still at a deficit so I'm gonna mark it as a success.
    2. Rained ALL DAY. But I did get a work out in so that is fine.
    3. I lost track, however, I think I will have 8 by the end of the day. I need to get better at keeping track of those.

Goals for tomorrow are:
    1. Wake up early enough to cook a good breakfast since I'm going to be on the go all day.
    2. Pack some snacks so I don't end up getting over hungry and eating fast food.
    3. Go for a short run or do a short bit of exercises. I've been doing body weight exercises the past three days and know I"m going to be super sore tomorrow so, while not a rest day, I want to take it easy.
    4. Log all my calories and stay ON calorie goal. No going over tomorrow.

Discobarbie: Yes. Most of the time I eat them back. It is necessary since the MFP plans have you at just enough calories to give you enough energy to get through the day. You will not be eating enough if you don't eat them back and will eventually plateau. Of course there are days where I'm just not hungry and that's not a big deal but continuously not eating those calories can be very dangerous, especially if you are burning major calories.

So glad to see everyone meeting their goals so far!

Now I'm gonna go back to watching The Bachelor and praying my bracket stays in tact. :)
  • Dnarules
    Options
    Goals for 2/4:

1. Park far away from my building and also take the stairs. Get up and walk every 30 minutes at work.
    2. Stay within calorie goals set by bodymedia fit
    3. Park far away from grocery store.
    4. 30 minutes cardio, minimum.
    5. 8000 steps minimum.

Good luck all.
  • positive2015
    positive2015 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    2/4 Tuesday -

Today I will
    1- Get 1 hour of exercise
    2- log what I eat
    3- get vit D and start taking it.
  • arwacky
    arwacky Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Workout!!! I need to start heading back to the gym.
  • kittykat1994
    Options
    This evenings/tomorrows goal.

Sleep atleast 8 hours.
    Get up in enough time to sit down at eat and have a coffee before uni
    avoid costa at all costs
    stay under calories
  • kittykat1994
    Options
    Does anyone exercise elsewhere to the gym? My local gym is always packed and the equipment is often dodgy. It's stormy outside and I don't feel like running in the rain and wind but I want to exercise more! I may have to brave it!
  • PSUgrl921
    Options
    Days like today are why I have a day by day group. Today was an epic fail on all levels. I woke up 2 hours after I wanted to and that set the mood for the rest of the day. And on top of it all, it was stressful so I'm going to sit back and have a beer or two to top it off.

So goals for tomorrow:

1. Stay UNDER calorie goal since I was way over today.
    2. Get a run in if it is nice outside or get a workout in at home.
    3. Drink 8 glasses of water.
    4. Stay away from the coke in the fridge.

Hope everyone else was able to stick to their goals. Hopefully this doesn't kill my weigh in on Monday!