HIGH CARB Contraband...need support

Options
My moms BF just dropped off my favorite treats, cinnamon buns. They have sat there all day, gave one each to the kids and I cant keep my mind off of it. Im in full ketosis and worked so hard the last 10 days to get where Im at. Please remind me what will happen if I eat one? It will knock me out of ketosis right? Im not looking for a green light, just some reality as to what I may be dealing with if I was to slip and cheat. Im highly addicted to sugar and carbs, I know this cuz my headaches were terrible from the 3rd to 6-7th days.

I know if I ask my family or friends they will say " eat it" live it up, start again tomorrow...but I know you all have the same issues as I do and take this eating lifestyle very seriously as I do and I wanted to run this by you .

57250916.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Dont touch it!

Someone brought donuts to the office on Friday. You know that maple bar with bits of bacon. I tried to justify it by..."it has bacon, high fat". But then I got reality..... That donut will just make me crave more carbs, knock me out of ketosis. Its really not worth it! Stay on plan!
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I need to hear that. Gets easier I guess :smile:
  • JustFindingMe
    Options
    My moms BF just dropped off my favorite treats, cinnamon buns. They have sat there all day, gave one each to the kids and I cant keep my mind off of it. Im in full ketosis and worked so hard the last 10 days to get where Im at. Please remind me what will happen if I eat one? It will knock me out of ketosis right? Im not looking for a green light, just some reality as to what I may be dealing with if I was to slip and cheat. Im highly addicted to sugar and carbs, I know this cuz my headaches were terrible from the 3rd to 6-7th days.

I know if I ask my family or friends they will say " eat it" live it up, start again tomorrow...but I know you all have the same issues as I do and take this eating lifestyle very seriously as I do and I wanted to run this by you .

57250916.png

I didn't eat it. LOL That SO me. If somethings working, don't let it work - SCREW it up! Happy to see I woke up to see a pound lost.

:smile:
  • Deuxtrouble43
    Deuxtrouble43 Posts: 41 Member
    Options

I didn't eat it. LOL That SO me. If somethings working, don't let it work - SCREW it up! Happy to see I woke up to see a pound lost.

:smile:

AWESOME!!! My daughter had a peanut butter sandwich yesterday and I literally drooled. I have no idea why because I wasn't craving it at all but I went from watching her eating it to obsessing about it - it was that fast. So I went and made myself a chocolate mint whipped cream dessert for myself :)
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Glad you didn't eat it!! I had my in-laws over this weekend and my husband asked me to bake her some brownies and bake him some cookies. Both chocoholics! I made them, but I haven't touched them. I didn't even lick the spoon when I made them. The cookies are already gone, but there are still a few brownies sitting on the counter. I seriously contemplated one last night, but just thinking about how many carbs in just a tiny little one makes me realize how incredibly not worth it it is.

I feel like it's way too soon to start giving in now to that "just eat it" mentality that the rest of my family seems to have around me. I've lost (almost) 6 lbs in 3 weeks and have a ways to go still.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    It gets easier as time goes by. I like to tell myself, "You already know what that tastes like. It's not gonna make a difference if you don't get to try that same old thing again until next [insert period of time]. You can wait." Later on, you won't have these intense cravings. You'll get fully adapted and you won't remember what it was like to have that crazy sugar addiction. Besides, you wouldn't want to get stuck trying to get back into keto again. Those headaches are awful and those cravings can drive anyone up a wall. Keep steady and keep on your path to your goals. You've got this.
  • shortone27
    Options
    Here's a small personal story to help you next time around:

I started Keto 1 week ago. I'm in full ketosis. Yesterday I decided to drink a Monster Absolute Zero- no listed carbs, but packed with artificial sweeteners. I felt HORRIBLE after drinking just half!! I was groggy, I wanted nothing more than to sleep, I got a headache, it was awful. I was not expecting that reaction at all, but that definitely taught me to stay away from all that sweet stuff. I was actually really shocked because I used to be able to drink those no problem, but my first sip was almost too sweet for me to handle! It didn't knock me out of ketosis because I used ketostix last night and confirmed I was still in ketosis, and it might've been a complete placebo effect, but I still learned a valuable lesson.
  • JustFindingMe
    Options
    Thank you for the support :)

It feels GREAT to know Im not the only one AND that it will get easier ~

57250916.png
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    It really does get a lot easier, now the cravings aren't even there. I also remind myself that I will feel like absolute crap afterwards. Did it once with cookies and it was not even worth it. Spent the next day feeling queasy.