{Week 3} SAY NO TO SWEETS

Options
This week's challenge is to beat that sweet tooth! SAY NO TO SWEETS! And of course, I do not mean unprocessed fruits but the kinds of sweets that are processed and made of nothing but sugar! Sugary cereals, cookies, ice cream, etc....

My weakness is dark chocolate and ice cream... so this week I will try to go for the entire week with no sweets! Not exactly sure how this will go but at my worst attempt, I will limit it to one a day.

Replies

• MySkinnyJeans2014
    MySkinnyJeans2014 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I made some yummy cookies this weekend with out sugar and they are delicious! They are also wheat free. Let me know if you want the recipe... they are chocolate :)
  • MzBJackson_13
    MzBJackson_13 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Please post the recipe ... I love to bake and make good healthy desserts... this sounds yummy!
  • MySkinnyJeans2014
    MySkinnyJeans2014 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    1 cup ground quick oatmeal
    1/3 cup cocoa powder for baking
    1 egg
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 cup coconut oil
    1 banana
    1/3 cup coconut (shredded)
    3 tbsp. chia seeds
    3 tbsp. ground flax seeds

Optional:
    dark chocolate chips
    1/3 cup agave nectar
    chopped walnuts

I put 1/3 cup of agave nectar because I was in the mood for a REAL cookie but they would be delicious with less or a different sugar substitute. Next time I make them I will use about half of what I used. They are sweet enough on their own.

I baked them at 350 for maybe 18 minutes. This recipe isn't an exact science so feel free to play with it if you like. Hope you enjoy :drinker: