New to the group!

Options
I'm brand new to this group and still pretty new to MFP, but as I work at my desk for most of the day this sounds perfect!

My only question is, how do you do this and still look professional? Are there any tricks to working out at work that you can share? I don't want to/can't be a sweaty mess!

A quick general overview on what you do would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much for your help!

Replies

• HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Hi Shannon and welcome! We have a small group of core people who show up almost every day and post when we can. We basically do what we can, when we can.

One of us (whoever comes online first) starts the thread for the day with a motivating name.

Lately we've been posting our goals for the day. For example, my goal this year is to be able to do regular push ups. I'm an older woman who lost a lot of weight thanks to MFP, but my upper body has very little strength. I'm trying to work on planks, granny push ups (with knees on the floor), and push ups using the stairs (I go down a step hoping to do them from the floor one day).

Several of us are in offices. I work from home as well as in an office because I'm in college too. One person works from home, is fostering an infant this week, and will post from home when she can.

To answer your question, I work in a small office where I am alone for times during the day (although people do come in to talk to me). I get up and do a plank or 10 push ups and then go back to work. I also can go into the stairwell or rest room and do some push ups there.

Again, welcome! You can find the newest topic under Monday.
  • ShannonBEarley
    ShannonBEarley Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much Hollis! I think this will be a great challenge for me! I might need to bring a t-shirt in to work though. Blouses don't allow for pushups very easily!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Hi Shannon. Our group is very simple... we all seem to be self-motivators and at different stages and levels of ability. Just do what you can... big journeys start with little steps!