coffee whitener - sugar free

Options
Im wondering if reduced sugar international delight is safe for my keto? It has glucose, but I think a small amount. Would it be ok in small amounts just to flavor my cream?

57250916.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    The Sugar Free is probably ok, but in general the recommendation would be to use heavy cream in your coffee. Many folks use DaVinci or Torani syrups (the same syrups used by Starbucks and other coffee shops) for flavors. Or even flavored stevia.

It's not the worst thing in the world. And the sugar free stuff is only 1 carb. But the higher fat in cream is going to do a better job satiating you.
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I've tried ID and another sf brand and noticed it caused cravings for me. I would say watch close to see if you have any problems with it.

Eta: I do not remember it kicking me out of keto. But I do remember narrowing down cravings for certain things to days when I used the sf creamer.
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I use sugar free coffee creamer daily, for like 3 years now. I'll use just heavy cream if I happen to run out, but it's not as satisfying to me (mostly because I miss my flavored creamer!). I've also tried making my own coffee creamers from heavy cream and almond milk, but still I miss my flavored creamer! So it's just one of those things I allow myself. I have to have my morning coffee. If this is going to be a lifestyle and not just a "diet", I need to do something I can live with long term!

I also know that I'm not one that seems bothered by artificial sweeteners. They generally don't stall my weight loss or cause cravings.
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Have you tried bulletproof coffee yet? (coffee with butter and coconut oil, whizzed up in a blender). It is very satiating, adds a nice flavor to your coffee, a little sweetness from the CO - and sometimes I add a drop of Sweetzfree [pure sucrose] and gets light and foamy like a latte. It perks my brain right up!