Options
likitisplit
likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
What are your February Goals?

Replies

• timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Running related - just make it through the month without injury and stay mostly in maintenance mode with only a slight buildup in mileage. Get my long run back up to 12-13 miles.

Fitness related - barbell squat equal to my body weight. After going to a gym for 6 months I finally started doing real barbell squats two weeks ago. Today I did 125 lbs on my 3rd set of 10 reps. I think I can crank out a few at 155 by the end of the month.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    - 5k at Stone Mountain on the 8th
    - After the 8th, I will start training for a 10k in June using gip.is app
    - 3 runs a week with a 4 mile long run for Jantastic
    - work toward doing a full push-up off the floor

I weigh in for the FitTrip challenge on February 14th. I'll start tracking calories and activity after then. My goal is to gain 5 pounds of muscle and lose 2 pounds of fat in 16 (?) weeks, by bulking for 12 weeks while doing StrongLifts and then cutting for the last 4 weeks.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Complete a 10K
    Start doing longer runs once per week (7-8 miles)
    Weight train 2 times a week

Ultimately hope to eliminate pain in knee and shoulder with strengthening exercise.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I don't have any solid goals in mind. I need to find some to work towards. Suggestions are welcome. I have about 70 minutes, 3x a week, do devote to running. I could possibly increase that time occasionally but not all the time. On weekends, I can and do increase the time, if I can go outdoors.

For February, I would like to continue to increase my run time and decrease my walk time, in an effort to reach a 10K goal.
    Since the month is shorter, my goal will be to run 80K or more, with a minimum 80% of the distance being running.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Register for my first half marathon - it's a lottery system, so fingers crossed!

Otherwise exactly what Tim said: avoid injury and stay mostly in maintenance mode. My current longest run is 8 miles and I would like to build that to 9 or 10.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I don't have any solid goals in mind. I need to find some to work towards. Suggestions are welcome. I have about 70 minutes, 3x a week, do devote to running. I could possibly increase that time occasionally but not all the time. On weekends, I can and do increase the time, if I can go outdoors.

For February, I would like to continue to increase my run time and decrease my walk time, in an effort to reach a 10K goal.
    Since the month is shorter, my goal will be to run 80K or more, with a minimum 80% of the distance being running.

Have you thought of incorporating intervals to increase the challenge?
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Don't really have any goals for February. I would like to lose the last 2lb that I put on over Christmas, and maybe 2 more. My first 10km was supposed to be at the end of March but I still haven't decided if I am going to enter, I have until the 21st or until all the places are gone, at the moment there are 100 places left, at the weekend it was 150!

I don't have any running goals as the weather has been so horrendous I haven't been getting out when I would like, just getting out to run would be nice!
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Changed my mind after seeing a photo of me at the last 5K.

New weight goal: 120 (won't hit it this month, will likely lose 1/4 lb per week). Rest stays the same :ohwell:

Complete a 10K
    Start doing longer runs once per week (7-8 miles)
    Weight train 2 times a week

Ultimately hope to eliminate pain in knee and shoulder with strengthening exercise.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

Feb Goals:
    Run 160 miles, 57/160 complete as of yesterday.
    Run 5 events: 3/5 complete as of yesterday (5k, 5k, 7-miler)
    02/15 (5k) and 02/23 (5k) remaining
    Resume strength training: 1st workout scheduled today
    Attempt a full month of not tracking and actually staying on track eating until satiated
  • likitisplit
    Options
    *Edited*
    - 5k at Stone Mountain on the 8th: Medaled in my age group.
    - After the 8th, I will start training for a 10k in June using Endomondo Premium
    - work toward doing a full push-up off the floor: Changed to working the Convict Conditioning program
    - Be active every day - either running, resistance or stretching

I weigh in for the FitTrip challenge on February 14th. I'll start tracking calories and activity after then. My goal is to gain 5 pounds of muscle and lose 2 pounds of fat in 16 (?) weeks, by bulking for 12 weeks while doing CC and then cutting for the last 4 weeks.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Running related - just make it through the month without injury and stay mostly in maintenance mode with only a slight buildup in mileage. Get my long run back up to 12-13 miles.

Fitness related - barbell squat equal to my body weight. After going to a gym for 6 months I finally started doing real barbell squats two weeks ago. Today I did 125 lbs on my 3rd set of 10 reps. I think I can crank out a few at 155 by the end of the month.

I didn't quite get back up to 12-13 miles. I did 10 last weekend and that felt good. This weekend I'll do 12. Had a few nagging aches & pains that wouldn't go away early in the month so I backed off mileage & pace. I think that was the right decision. The past two weeks have been very enjoyable without any pain.

Last Monday I managed to squat my body weight: 155 lbs. Did 5 reps. Today was another nice milestone: I hit 175 lbs on the bench press. No more heavy leg training from now on. Going to focus on one-legged squats and my hips.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    *Edited*
    - 5k at Stone Mountain on the 8th: Medaled in my age group.
    - After the 8th, I will start training for a 10k in June using Endomondo Premium
    - work toward doing a full push-up off the floor: Changed to working the Convict Conditioning program
    - Be active every day - either running, resistance or stretching

I weigh in for the FitTrip challenge on February 14th. I'll start tracking calories and activity after then. My goal is to gain 5 pounds of muscle and lose 2 pounds of fat in 16 (?) weeks, by bulking for 12 weeks while doing CC and then cutting for the last 4 weeks.

I've been active every day.

Hate the Endomondo program. Going back to my modified Jenny Hadfield program.
    Made my Jantastic commitments even though I didn't log all of them :(
    Continuing with Convict Conditioning, which is doing great things for me