Water

Options
tanigrrrrr
tanigrrrrr Posts: 137 Member
Lately I have been a bit discouraged regarding my weight. It has been fluctuating hard core and not even "trending' in a way that signals down.
Anyways it has dawned on me that I have been getting Lazy Lazy LAAZZZYYY with my water intake... usually I am dilligent and mark off my water like a tally on my hand so I can see how much I have left to get in for the day.
How much can water (or lack there of) effect your losses on Keto? I can find documentation to say its really important, but not that much on consequences if you dont or the reason WHY its important.
Thanks guys :)

Replies

• zentha1384
    zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I wish I could find it but I read one thing that your body needs water in order to turn fat to ketones. But I can't find this anywhere so I have no way to know it is true.

On the keto subreddit they warn that not taking in enough water while on keto could lead to kidney stones.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    It's very easy to become dehydrated while on keto and have issues metabolizing food for energy. If you're drinking enough water, it's helping you metabolize fat, which means that you're using it for energy, rather than it going to waste. That's definitely a huge part of keto, and weight loss. Additionally, you want to keep your kidneys healthy, and you need plenty of water for that.

Aim for 3L of water a day. Squirt some Mio or Crystal Light in there to make it easier for you at first, but the more water you drink, the easier it'll become. You'll feel like you're peeing constantly, but it'll be a good thing.