What are some strength training exercises i can do at home?

Options
ktkdmommy
ktkdmommy Posts: 95 Member
I cant always get to the gym because I have two little ones at home but I am curious as to what are some strength and resistance exercises I can do at home?

Replies

• catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Download the "You are your own gym" to your phone. Great body weight exercise program. No equipment necessary so easy to do at home.
  • UpperBodyLowerBody
    Options
    I cant always get to the gym because I have two little ones at home but I am curious as to what are some strength and resistance exercises I can do at home?

Grab a gallon of milk and do goblet squats or kettle bell swings.

Do sprints outside!

Unlimited Lunges.

Pushups and planks.
  • ktkdmommy
    Options
    Great ideas! awesome, thank you!
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    www.bodyrock.tv <they have lots of bodyweight exercises. Also the insanity dvds are all bodyweight only. :)
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I have 2 small kids plus work full time, so there is no way t get to the gym here either. I started P90x3 and it perfect . 30 minutes a day , lots of pull ups, push ups, lunges, squats etc. Very limited equipment needed. Ultimately you can get away with resistance bands only if you need to. Having a few dumbbell is better , and if you have a pullup bar, you have everything that is needed.
  • ktkdmommy
    Options
    thanks ladies! great ideas. :)
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    body weight exercises is what I'm researching. I have had 3 lb weights for awhile I haven't used them since I was doing 30 Day shred dvd(I still have it).

Thanks for the other ideas. :) I'm trying the milk jug kettlebell diy out. Been thinking I wanted to try that. My struggle is finding doable body weight exercises when I'm over 300 lbs. Push ups are terribly hard but I am building that up with wall ones first.
  • nothingwithoutHim
    nothingwithoutHim Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/10-minute-home-upper-body-workouts

3 at home full body workouts. These seem pretty basic but they seriously will kick someone's TOOSH. :)
  • lizafava2
    Options
    I did a couple rounds of the "7 minute work out" after treadmill runs for a few months. You need nothing but, um, a chair. I built up a surprising amount of strength from that. There are lots of iPhone aps for it.
  • soozey1
    soozey1 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My personal trainer does the simplest of exercises, that make me completely buggered. If you have stairs, walking up them with weights in both hands. Then 12 over head presses with the weights, what ever size you are up too. Walking lunges from one end of the house or 15 steps, all the way to the grounds. Repeat with overhead presses. Then stair walks again.
    Repeat three times.
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/10-minute-home-upper-body-workouts

3 at home full body workouts. These seem pretty basic but they seriously will kick someone's TOOSH. :)

This website looks like it has a lot of great information for at-home work outs! Gonna have to go through this with the hubs and see if we can buy some stuff for when we can't get tp the gym. And figure out where to put it in our tiny house......