Importance of Checking Ingredient List - Shake Comparison

Options
I cannot stress the importance of checking the ingredients of things before you consume them. If you don't think it matters, guess again.

Sucralose? Gag. Isagenix uses all natural honey and fructose that’s taken from beets, apples and pears.
"Brand X" shakes are sweetened with sucralose. Sucralose is highly processed with chlorine. It is simply chlorinated sugar and has been shown to harm the human gut and destroy micro-flora leading to candida formation, irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, obesity and cachexia.

The first ingredient in the "Brand X" Shake label is soy protein, then 5 g of prebiotic maltodextrin, then their whey proteins. Their whey proteins combined are less than 4 g total. This protein blend is clearly inferior to the IsaLean protein blend and I'll show you why.

The correct amount of protein to trigger a protein synthesis response is between 25 to 35 grams of protein and is dependent on the quality of the protein and the amounts of branched-chain amino acids. The greatest natural source of branched-chain amino acids is whey protein. After a workout, it’s our protein blend that is shown in studies to spur muscle growth and is shown to help maintain levels of branched-chain amino acids in the blood for sustained muscle synthesis. In addition, studies have also shown that a higher amount of protein is critical for supporting weight loss by satisfying appetite. WITH ISAGENIX- Our protein sources come from (most companies won’t tell you where theirs is from) New Zealand, where dairy cows are never given artificial hormones, steroids or antibiotics and enjoy a quality life on the pasture. Their fresh milk is guided through a series of fine filters to separate whey from other dairy components such as fats and lactose. The gentle system is a cold process, uses no acids, and the protein remains in its natural state, undenatured, with protein folds left as they should be. The only winning choice here for real muscle growth and weight loss is Isagenix IsaLean Shake.

Curious to know what "Brand X" is? Message me. Interested in how Isagenix stacks up against other meal replacement / protein shakes on the market? I got those too ...it's not pretty.

Replies