Workout Routine Change up

Options
I am currently working out on SL 5x5 and looking to change my workouts to be able to incorporate more isolated workouts and all. I have done two different strength increasing routines back to back. I am mostly looking to change things up because these is getting repetitive.

this was my first routine was
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843&page=1

Just looking for idea of routines and what people currently do.

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Tagging
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    After about 16 weeks of SL5x5/3×5 I switched to MADCOW. Still kinda boring but I change up my assistance exercises.
  • SideSteel
    Options
    Are your lifts going up?

You should consider moving from 5x5 to 3x5 and with the additional time you gain, add in isolation work according to need and/or preference to keep things entertaining and enjoyable for you.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Are your lifts going up?

You should consider moving from 5x5 to 3x5 and with the additional time you gain, add in isolation work according to need and/or preference to keep things entertaining and enjoyable for you.

All my lifts went up quite a bit. Right now I am at point of failure on most of my lifts in 5x5. With 3x5 is that increasing weight like 5x5 or does it go up once it "gets easy"?
  • SideSteel
    Options
    Are your lifts going up?

All my lifts went up quite a bit. Right now I am at point of failure on most of my lifts in 5x5. With 3x5 is that increasing weight like 5x5 or does it go up once it "gets easy"?

You would still increase the load in 3x5.
  • RockWarrior84
    Options
    Looking into adding a leg day into workout routine

Looking for some workouts. The only thing I have planned are squats, calf raises, dumbell lunges, machine leg extensions. Any recommendations?
  • wendypow
    wendypow Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I did SL for 2.5 months (Oct-Dec) and switched to Wendler's 5/3/1 in January. SL was great, but it did get repetitive and my hips were sore from squatting so much!

Anyway, so far so good. It's similar to 5x5 but I have more time to do other exercises after the main lift of the day.

:smile:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Looking for some workouts. The only thing I have planned are squats, calf raises, dumbell lunges, machine leg extensions. Any recommendations?

How long have you been lifting for? What are your goals?

You mention you are looking to add a leg day into your routine - when were you thinking of incorporating that? What days do you have available to go to the gym?
  • RockWarrior84
    Options

How long have you been lifting for? What are your goals?

You mention you are looking to add a leg day into your routine - when were you thinking of incorporating that? What days do you have available to go to the gym?

I lift 3 days a week. I have been lifting for 2 years, about 1 year on free weights. Would like to add it in sooner rather then later. Goal is to get in better shape in general. i have a weight goal I want to hit but not in a hurry to do some. I had a goal for strength increase and feel that I have made great progress there.