In need of a little help

Options
silver_arrow3
silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
Provide your stats (height/weight/age/bodyfat% if you know it/etc)
~Stats: 5'3", 143, 26, 30% BF

What's your current gross intake of calories, on average?
~Taking the calories consumed from the last two weeks, the average is about 1770. (TDEE -20% is 1798)

What's your current average intake of protein, carbs, and fats, in grams? (GRAMS, not percent!)
~128g Protein, 170g Carbs, 57g fats. I TRY to hit my protein and fat macros and if I am able to really plan ahead, I usually go over.

Do you use a food scale and measure everything?
~Yes. I even have one at work because we tend to get leftover food from events and anytime I can get fresh fruit, I'll jump on it. I have also made sure to go with the weight instead of cup measurements for accuracy.

Do you track all of your intake, daily? (Everything?)
~For a while, I did fall off the "track everything" bandwagon, but I've been back on it for a while now. I've even managed to figure out how to make it as accurate as I can (though I didn't figure it out until a couple of weeks ago, so things might not be quite as accurate in the past as they are now).

Do you take cheat days or days off?
~Not generally. There are occasions that I will eat over, but it usually evens out over the course of the week. There are two days that I did not log last month on the weekend (I think). Other than that, I have made sure to log EVERYTHING I eat.

How much weight have you lost so far and over what time period?
~Since making an effort to lose, I lost 32 pounds from May 2012 to November 2012. Since then, I've basically maintained for a year even though I had thought I was eating at a deficit (but not weighing my food).

Describe your activity (exercise and non exercise) and did you change that activity withing the last couple of months?
~I work a pretty sedentary desk job for the most part. I usually spend at least 5 hours at the gym every week. I've done everything from boot camps to hiring a trainer to dance classes, body pump classes, ellipticals and free weights.

How long have you been stalled and if it is not a complete stall please be very specific as to how much you have lost over the stalled period.
~I guess my stall has lasted about 15 months. I've adjusted my calories up and down, I've changed up my workouts and haven't seen any change. There was a four pound range that my weight would fluctuate over the course of a week - from 142 to 146. It has not gone over or under those numbers since Thanksgiving 2012.

Are you breastfeeding?
~No.

Do you have thyroid issues/risks or PCOS?
~I do have PCOS. However, I have not been diagnosed with any insulin issues and I am on birth control pills to regulate my hormones.
~I used to have issues with hyperthyroidism, but I haven't had issues with it for years and still get it checked periodically when I'm feeling especially worn down.

Any suggestions you might be able to provide would be wonderful!

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Tagging.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Tagging
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    We would like you to do the following things:

1) Set your total calorie intake as follows:

1665 calories
    150 carbohydrate
    65 fat
    120 protein

And leave it here on both workout days and rest days.

2) Continue to use your food scale and remain accurate with logging your intake.

3) We are not clear on what your current training program is. It would be beneficial for you to get on a structured training program (some combination of resistance training and possibly cardio to keep energy expenditure elevated). Your reply seemed to indicate that you've tried a bunch of things but we're not clear on what you are currently doing.

Get back to us with regards to your current program. Additionally, set your calorie and macronutrient intake to the above for the next two weeks.