Problems :(

I had my RNY on 10/21 and was doing great I have lost a little over 50lbs so far! But lately I have been having problems with really bad back pain, so I went to the Doctor and they did a CT scan and said I have 6 kidney stones that I need to pass! They gave me some meds to try and help the pain but when I take the meds all I want to do is sleep and then the next day I feel nauseated and have a headache so I try not to take it unless I am really in pain!.

I haven't been to the gym or for walks/jogs in over 2 weeks cause of the pain and let me tell you the scale is showing it! I haven't lost anything these past 2 weeks! I have my 3 month check up on Friday and am so worried that the doctor is going to be disappointed in me! I hate letting anyone down and I feel since I have only lost about 50lbs I am letting him down.

I just don't know what to do!!

Replies

• stroynaya
    stroynaya Posts: 326 Member
    Sorry to hear you are having problems. 50 pounds in 3 months is not bad, especially if you've been having other medical issues. Think about it…50 pounds divided by 12 weeks is over 4 pounds a week average. Not bad at all. In fact I would say pretty darn good.

Hope you feel better soon.
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Concentrate on getting rid of kidney stones, be true to your. Previous food choices, obviously the work, and don't fret over surgeons feeling or opinions. Surgery is a tool, so use it. The surgeon is the tool grifter, he is glad to see you using your tool.
  • You may find that your surgeon is more understanding than you are fearing. After all, you aren't slacking, you are suffering. Once this passes (no pun intended) you will be back on track, and probably with more determination than before. All the best to you.
    :happy:
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Sorry your having prolems but you really are doing GREAT! What I would giving to lose 50 lbs in that short of time. I know just by your concern as soon as your medical problems clear up you're going to hit the ground running once again!

I have a great qoute for you that the nurse in my WLS class gave us.....

When it rains, I let it.
    -113 year old man in reponse to a question about the secret to his longevity.

here is another:smile:

What happens is not as important as how you react t what happens- Thaddeus Golas

Be kind to yourself:flowerforyou:
  • Tristaan
    Tristaan Posts: 126 Member
    Just a minor setback. Think how hard you're gonna hit that gym when you're up and at 'em again. A few months ago you wouldn't have even thought about missing the gym, right? :) Hope you're back to normal soon, with as little pain as possible.
  • What happens is not as important as how you react t what happens- Thaddeus Golas

I love this quote! Well put!
  • csmccord
    csmccord Posts: 272 Member
    For us that are obese, weight loss is a life-long fight. The RNY is just a tool to help you keep it off. My surgeon told me on average, people lose about 100 lbs from the surgery itself. Everything else you have to put the work and effort into.

For three months post-surgery, you are doing great! I urge you to be patient. The weight loss will come. Concentrate on getting your kidney stones taken care of. Make sure you drink plenty of water and get your protein in. Don't stop those supplements!