Almost halfway there!

Options
tigerblue
tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
I just realized that at the end of this week I will be halfway through the program! Wow going by fast!

I still have not lost any weight, but my upper abs are more defined and the middle abs are peeking through.

How are the rest of you doing?

Replies

• jack1925
    jack1925 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Im in week 4 and can feel my body changing. Im not sure how much weight i have lost, i will evaluate that when i weigh on saturday.
  • astronut96
    astronut96 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm on my first week of 5 & 6. I've only lost about 4 lbs so far but I definitely feel stronger & I've lost inches. I keep expecting that one day I'll step on the scale & be 10 lbs down :bigsmile:
  • kri1977
    kri1977 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have also just started week 5 and wow.... workouts 5 and 6 are serious stuff ;)

I have lost about 1 kg (but am not really seriously dieting so this is fine) and I defintiely see a lot more muscle defition so pretty happy.

Will take pics at weekend and then I can check ;)

Ciao
    C
  • l_clc
    l_clc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making it so far :)!!! I can't wait to hit the halfway mark with ya. Great to hear everyone is seeing so many changes in their bodies and everyone's feeling stronger....I feel the same! I am on phase 2 (just started yesterday), and I've noticed changes in my body as well. I lost about 13lbs doing phase 1 which put me under my original goal weight! I love the program, and how awesome it makes me feel emotionally and physically! Jillian knows what she's doing :D!!

Good luck everyone, keep gettin' 'er done!
  • jack1925
    jack1925 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Today is my rest day. Tomorrow i will start week 5! Im down 5.4 pounds since i started and within the last week, my husband has been doing it with me!
  • tigerblue
    Options
    Starting 7 (and 8 soon) tomorrow. I am a little bit afraid!
  • astronut96
    astronut96 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Starting 7 (and 8 soon) tomorrow. I am a little bit afraid!

How did 7 go?
  • tigerblue
    Options
    #7 first circuit was one of the hardest ab circuits I've ever done. The rest of the workout was tough but not terribly harder than what has come before.
  • yujinclara
    Options
    I'm finishing w6 this weekend.
    I decided to take a week off last week because my body needed it.
    Surprisingly, (or may be mot) I lost more weight during the week even though I made it a point to rest my body.
    This week, back into w6 and feeling great. Starting to feel quite lean.
    So far weight wise, 7.4 lbs loss since starting this in January.
    Total results, I will post once I complete phase 2
  • tigerblue
    Options
    Almost finished with phase 2 now! I've lost only 1 lb, but I have only been eating at a deficit for two weeks, since for the first month the increase in lifting made me RAVENOUS!

I am actually thrilled, because this is the most progress I have seen in months! My upper abs look great, and now I can see my mid-abs down to about my waist. So I know I am losing fat. There is still softness on my lower abs. I am hoping that now that I have my eating under control, I will lose that fat soon.

Yujinclara, it is interesting to hear that you lost even while taking a rest week. How were you eating during that week? (Are you logging calories and eating them back or using more of a TDEE deficit method? )were you eating The same way as you had been during the program? I am thinking of taking a few days off next week as I will be traveling for about four days. Then I would just repeat the week's exercises.
  • yujinclara
    Options
    Hi Tigerblue,

I had been pretty religious about logging my food since January because I had consistently gained weight through 30ds, ri30 in October-December. Since starting BR, I have logged food and added hrm to the mix and ate back the calories. I would aim to be net 1200 which means I could eat anywhere between 1500 to 1800 calories depending on how active I'd been. I'd aim for abour 300-500 calorie deficit per day.

Last week though when I decided to take a break, I took a break from journal as well. I just tried to stay within 1400 calories sine I know I regularly burn about 1600.
    There were a few days I had few more glasses of wine and chocolate than I had intended (i.e. Valentines day!!) and was probably over by quite a bit.
    Still, the days I was under 1400 calories, I lost about half a pound then stayed the same on the days I had a bit extra. I lost 2 pounds last week. I suspect some of it was muscle and some fat. I was starting to feel a bit soft around my core by day 7.

Interestingly, this week back on program, I've gained about a pound back but seems all in muscle and no fat according to my Aria scale. Definitely I'm smaller in size and looking leaner this week than last week and the week before.

If you do intend to take a few days off, I'd say, do so but definitely watch the calorie intake.
  • tigerblue
    Options
    Hi Tigerblue,

I had been pretty religious about logging my food since January because I had consistently gained weight through 30ds, ri30 in October-December. Since starting BR, I have logged food and added hrm to the mix and ate back the calories. I would aim to be net 1200 which means I could eat anywhere between 1500 to 1800 calories depending on how active I'd been. I'd aim for abour 300-500 calorie deficit per day.

Last week though when I decided to take a break, I took a break from journal as well. I just tried to stay within 1400 calories sine I know I regularly burn about 1600.
    There were a few days I had few more glasses of wine and chocolate than I had intended (i.e. Valentines day!!) and was probably over by quite a bit.
    Still, the days I was under 1400 calories, I lost about half a pound then stayed the same on the days I had a bit extra. I lost 2 pounds last week. I suspect some of it was muscle and some fat. I was starting to feel a bit soft around my core by day 7.

Interestingly, this week back on program, I've gained about a pound back but seems all in muscle and no fat according to my Aria scale. Definitely I'm smaller in size and looking leaner this week than last week and the week before.

If you do intend to take a few days off, I'd say, do so but definitely watch the calorie intake.

You sound very similar to me. I lose under 1400 cals and gain over 1650. So I am no longer looking at net cals, but try to stay under 1400 most days and always stay under 1700.

Here is my plan for next week--
    Repeat sessions 7 and 8 (even though it is time to move on) and cardio (hopefully an outside run if the weather stays nice) for the first part of the week, and then on Thursday morning do 7. That is the day I leave on my trip. Then on Friday through Sunday I will just try to get in a walk or perhaps a short treadmill run or elliptical in the hotel. I will be sitting a lot unfortunately. As for eating, I will plan on keeping to my deficit by staying well under 1400 through Thursday, and then on Friday through Sunday I will just try to stay below 1650 maintenance. It is so difficult to eat low when you have to eat out 3 meals a day! (And add to that I will be eating with two extremely hungry teen boy competitive swimmers--can you say CARBS!). These trips are tough but now that I have a plan, I CAN DO IT! You guys need to hold me accountable!
  • yujinclara
    Options
    So? How did you go?
    I've finally made it into week7!
    Ouch. In quite a bit of pain from my workout 7 from Monday. I did workout 8 today and didn't find it too bad but I won't speak too loudly until tomorrow.
    I have been bad with food this last few days but still maintaining the same weight as last week.
    I'm noticing quite a bit of difference these last couple of weeks all of a sudden. Way leaner looking. Quite cool.
  • tigerblue
    Options
    So? How did you go?
    I've finally made it into week7!
    Ouch. In quite a bit of pain from my workout 7 from Monday. I did workout 8 today and didn't find it too bad but I won't speak too loudly until tomorrow.
    I have been bad with food this last few days but still maintaining the same weight as last week.
    I'm noticing quite a bit of difference these last couple of weeks all of a sudden. Way leaner looking. Quite cool.

Congrats on your results!

7 was really really hard! 8 was easier, and I just liked it! This week, I am taking a semi break ( leaving town tomorrow). I did cardio on Monday (it was beautiful outside-perfect for a run!) and then went back and did #5 on Tuesday just for a change. Today I am planning on #6. For the rest of the week I will just hope to get a bit of cardio in at the hotel as I can. I will just plan to control my eating, but not necessarily keep a deficit while out of town. I am trying to keep a nice deficit until then. Doing okay with that but I'm kind of hungry!

Unfortunately TOM is here, so it is impossible to tell if I am making progress until he leaves. :(. I'm just trying to trust the process until next week!