So confused...

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Kelly and I am new to this group. I bought the NROL4W about a week and a half ago and I have yet to put the exercise context of the book to use. Honestly I am so confused by the phase 1 workout schedule and honestly I am a little intimidated by the workouts :ohwell: Do any of you have any links to a "in laymans terms explanation" or know of anywhere that I can find a better break down for what I am actually supposed to do and how the schedule is supposed to be read?

I have really enjoyed the book so far and I don't want to cast it aside just because I am frustrated with the initial phase. I don't want to give up before I have even really started. As far as being intimidated I am not a true beginner to lifting but I still find the amount of sets and reps a little intense for a beginner, but I guess that's the point right? Anyways, thank you in advance for any assistance you seasoned buff women of NROL4W can give me! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I think there is a post that answers a few questions in "Confused about Stage 1". I had some and reading the group helped quite a bit. I can give you an example of Stage 1A.
    Squat 15 times
    rest 60sec
    Squat 15 times
    rest 60 sec
    Pushup 15 times
    rest 60sec
    Row 15 times
    rest 60 sec
    Pushup 15 times
    rest 60 sec
    Row 15 times
    rest 60 sec
    Step up weak leg leg 15 times, Step up dominant leg 15 times (how I do mine and understand from book, I believe lunges are alternting)
    rest 60 sec
    Jackknife 8 times
    rest 60 sec
    Step up weak leg leg 15 times, Step up dominant leg 15 times
    rest 60 sec
    Jackknife 8 times

You will do this work out, then B.
    Then, you will do this workout exactly the same (increase weight if you can) and B the same.
    After doing twice each, your reps will decrease for all except the core exercises (these increase).

Note that workout 5+ the sets increase (I didn`t notice until I read a post).
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    Options
    Seriously thank you so much! I was about to post a reply to my topic apologizing if anyone has heard the same thing a billion times but you beat me to it, lol. I guess I suck at navigating the site and using the search engine available on here. Thanks again. I appreciate it :happy:
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    Options
    YaY I can start now!!!!! haha
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    The link below has an excel spreadsheet you can download to track your workouts. It's been a life-saver for me!

http://maggiewang.com/2008/05/20/new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-diet-calculator-and-workout-logs
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    Options
    Holy crap that spreadsheet is awesome!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing that. I was wondering if I did my calculations right. Sweeeeet! :love:
  • justdoit1106
    justdoit1106 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I was super confused too yesterday when I was finishing the book. this is most helpful!!!