Workout Clothes

Options
How many of you all bought compression tops or bottoms for working out? I am wondering where I can get some at my size- about a woman's 24 (plus). I have always had a bigger midsection that anything else and could use some help from compression clothing- and could use some warmth since surgery left me so cold natured!!! Any source suggestions appreciated.

Replies

• JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Bumping for answers for ya!:wink:
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I'm vain when it comes to my stomach. I don't want to lift or reach for something and you can see my belly (not pretty!!). I wear a one piece swim suit under my workout clothes. Tummy doesn't show, I don't jiggle as much, don't even have to wear a bra. Then if I decide to swim, I'm ready.
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I'm vain when it comes to my stomach. I don't want to lift or reach for something and you can see my belly (not pretty!!). I wear a one piece swim suit under my workout clothes. Tummy doesn't show, I don't jiggle as much, don't even have to wear a bra. Then if I decide to swim, I'm ready.

Very Clever!
  • stroynaya
    stroynaya Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I don't know specifically about compression tops and bottoms, but Junonia is an online catalog specifically for plus size women's workout clothes. Also, Just My Size has a selection of workout clothes. It isn't as extensive as Junonia's, but it is cheaper.
  • TheBestSR
    TheBestSR Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Athleta and Nordstrom both have a small but decent selection of plus size workout clothes. I like the Zella line at Nordstrom a lot.
  • sadiegirl32
    sadiegirl32 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Is there a difference between work out compression garments and spanx?!?
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I was trying to find some compression sleeves because I have so much loose skin on my arms now. I found a small selection online when I googled them, but I will have to measure my arms to make sure they fit! The other thing I have been looking for that could work in place of the compression sleeves are workout shirts with elbow length or 3/4 sleeves to cover up my arms, but I mostly find either short or long sleeves.
  • rubisliprz
    rubisliprz Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    This is one area where it helps being tall, the mens Underarmor longsleeve tops work well for me... for holding in arms and belly. Of course I only buy when way on sale at Marshalls or Nordstrom Rack! Women's tops are always too short in the sleeves and trunk. But... a decent price on compression type camisoles was at Costco, I think about $12 each. I wear these under some lightweight dress shirts and sometimes for workouts. These don't come in bigger sizes though, I got them after I'd already lost over 50lbs.