What to do when you miss a workout?

Options
I overslept on Tue and missed my workout. As much as I'd love to say I came home and did it after work... nope. I wasn't feeling well and ended up calling out sick from work on Wed as well. Again, missed workout. (Not really sick, but I just felt lousy).

That being said, I got back on it and did "day 3" today which was Cardio Power & Resistance. This of course changes my rest day every week and alters "week 1" and "week 2" etc.

Have any of you doubled up on a day here and there to "catch up" to a missed workout? Or do you count a missed day as rest and do a workout on your regularly scheduled rest day? (ie: missed on Tue, rest day is Sat.. do Wed-Fri workouts as sched but do Tue's workout on Sat and commence Sun forward as usual).
Thanks!

Replies

• dsendre
    dsendre Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I just do the workouts as I can. If i miss a day, I just pick up where I left off. Sometimes I'll skip the off day on Sunday if I already took a day off that week. The last time I completed Insanity it took me 65 days instead of 60. Just stick to the schedule as well as you can but I wouldn't worry about modifying it if necessary.
  • heyitsadam
    heyitsadam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I look at the INSANITY calendar as a "week-to-week" thing. I have from Monday to Sunday to get in ALL those workouts. I honestly think your body doesn't care if you do Pure Cardio before or after Plyo Cardio Circuit. I know sometimes I know I'm playing golf on a Saturday and schedule says "Pure Cardio-Cardio Abs" ... well F-THAT, I won't be able to swing the club.

That being said, if I miss "Wednesday," what I do is go to my calendar and check off the "rest" day. If there's a day I'm feeling sluggish, I'll sub the Cardio Recovery for whatever I was doing that day (since it is of lower intensity) and move on. When Sunday rolls around as long as my week is filled with check boxes, I'm okay with that and I consider that a success.

Shaun T and Beachbody need to realize that you're not going to go through 60 perfect days of not catching a bug or eating a rancid chicken wing. It happens and you might need a day to get your feet back. Heck, I wore the wrong SOCKS during a workout and my feet got ULTRA SORE and I missed a day!
  • dbzltm
    dbzltm Posts: 4
    Options
    DON'T WORRY! Haha Just don't miss it again. If you miss one workout your progress can still continue, you can still lose weight or gain muscle or whatever your goal is. Chill out, relax, take it easy. Just get back into the gym the very next day as if nothing happened. Don't worry about "making it up"--like working out 2x as hard the next day? No need. Just make sure you don't miss too often.
  • jojospero
    jojospero Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I missed a day or two but just did the circuit I missed the following day. I also messed up doing the same circuit 2 days in a row! Ughhh... didn't realize it until I was half way into it! No way I was starting it over again! lol Up to day 56 today! I'm still hanging in there! :smile:
  • melaniecmajors
    melaniecmajors Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I find tracking on teambeachbody.com really helpful. if you skip a day and have set an auto schedule, then you can write in a "gap" and it will move the workout to the next day you schedule it for while moving all the other workouts as well. If you were only on day 3 when you got sick, i'd suggest you start over and BRING IT!
  • metimemum
    metimemum Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I signed up to a 60 day programme. Then I looked at the Insanity calendar and saw that it is indeed 9 weeks long which is 63 days. So I took it that I can have 3 extra days off, in addition to the rest days and that seems to have worked fine for me.

When I have a surprise rest day, if I have sleep in, then the next day my workouts are so much stronger... Sometimes a rest is good for you!
  • bellabananas
    bellabananas Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    For me it depends. If I have a day off coming up then I do two on the day off. This week I missed my Tuesday workout so I'm just doing my workouts one day later. So today (Sunday) I am working out instead of having a rest day. Sometimes I'll catch up by working out in the morning and after work. I'm finishing the third week today!