Trying to be patient

Options
llfretwell
llfretwell Posts: 218 Member
I have read numerous posts about it being normal to not lose weight in the first couple of weeks after the water weight is lost, but I am becoming SO IMPATIENT!! The scale won't budge! Before ketosis, I was already doing paleo/lower carb for 2 or 3 weeks, so I lost about 3 1/2 lbs. of my water weight then. I'm on the 12th day of ketosis and haven't lost anything yet (I don't have much to lose...maybe 10 lbs, and I guess I already lost all of my water weight in those couple of weeks on paleo). I don't want to, but I am scared I may quit soon. I need hope.

Replies

• strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Did you take any before measurements? The scale isn't the only numbers that will change. I stall out completely at least twice a month, but I lose inches and notice my clothes fit differently.
  • llfretwell
    Options
    No, I haven't, but that's because I feel like I can't ever get accurate measurements. I feel like I'm measuring wrong or measuring in the wrong place, so I haven't done this!
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    Does your clothes feel loose? Your diary is closed so hard to say why you might not be losing weight..
  • strawmama
    Options
    I never know if I'm doing it right either, so I just measure the same spots...and use blemishes and such for guidelines as to whether I am measuring the same spots...a tattoo, a scar, a mole, etc. LOL
  • llfretwell
    Options
    Lol! That's a good idea! I may try to figure out a way to measure by blemishes! ;)

Fattyman007, I will open my diary if you'll take a look. I try to record every day, but sometimes I get too busy. Let me know what you think, though. :)
  • strawmama
    Options
    I peeked at your diary. I would try adding some fiber, green veggies, maybe some flaxseed meal. You have next to no fiber logged in there!
  • Deuxtrouble43
    Deuxtrouble43 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    A lot of that is the joy and curse of not having that much to lose. I have about 17 lbs to go and I know that I am not going to see 5 or 10 lbs loss. I have a goal of being my goal weight in June. Three pounds a month doesn't seem an unattainable goal to me and if I do better great, if not...well this way of eating feels just so right to me and the other benefits outweigh (lol punny) giving up.

I measure, and I just make sure I measure in the same place. My scales don't really reflect a lot either although isn't it great to see that number move. I had weigh in on Wednesday and hadn't moved and even though I shouldn't have, I got on the scale the next day and was 1.2 lbs down.

I have an app that shows me the trend in my weight loss, so even though the scale doesn't move all the time, I can see the downward motion of loss.
  • hernamewasdana
    Options
    You aren't logging any exercise or water, so I'm not sure where you are with that, but staying on top of both of these could push you in the right direction. You should be drinking at least 2L of water a day.
  • llfretwell
    Options
    Strawmama, that is definitely something that I have realized in these past couple of days. I don't eat enough vegetables at all since being in keto... and I LOVE vegetables! I will definitely be adding some greens back into the mix every day.

Hernamewasdan, I am getting more than 2 liters of water a day, so that's no problem. I don't exercise like I was a couple of months ago because I have gotten SO busy, but I do get in a pretty good bit of walking. That's the extent of it thought. :/
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    It might be because you have lot less weight to lose. Don't expect to lose at the pace of some one who has 60 lbs or more to lose. You might want to add some exercise or if you want something quick, search for fat fast. I don't recommend the fat fast my self but I know few folks who had good results but don't go more than 5-7 days. Also, you are hardly eating any fat for lunch. Try to balance every meal with 60-65% fat, 20-25 % protein and 10 % carb.
  • llfretwell
    Options
    I appreciate that advice. I need to work on taking a lunch to work that has a lot more fat. I appreciate all of this helpfulness!