Recipes you would like to share?

Options
Ampierce
Ampierce Posts: 53 Member
Hi All, I'm new to the group but have been on a LCHF diet for a while and find that it really agrees with me. I thought it would be great if others have recipes they have tried and thought were good enough to recommend. I just made these today and was really happy with how easy they were and they taste pretty darn good.

Low Carb Almond Cookies

1 stick of butter, softened
2 cups of almond flour
1/2 cup Splenda granular
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract

Preheat the oven 300 C
-Add together the first 3 ingredients, mix well
-Add both extracts and stir well
-Spray the cookie sheet
-Roll into balls to pack them together, when flatten them
-Bake for 20-25 mins, but let them cool before removing them or they will crumble apart

Servings: 12
Cals/ serving: 103
Fat/ serving: 10.6
Carbs/serving: 2.5
Fiber: 0.6
Protein: 1.3

Replies

• rusty1257
    rusty1257 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hmm, that has splenda that is a sweetener in there. No Sugar in NSNG means no added sugars with sweeteners included. Each person has their own tolerances, but I aim to avoid all sweeteners as they might awaken my sweet tooth.

I guess for an occasional thing it would be OK, but if I'm going to put life into living by having a treat I'd rather have the real thing (sugar).
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Hmm, that has splenda that is a sweetener in there. No Sugar in NSNG means no added sugars with sweeteners included. Each person has their own tolerances, but I aim to avoid all sweeteners as they might awaken my sweet tooth.

I guess for an occasional thing it would be OK, but if I'm going to put life into living by having a treat I'd rather have the real thing (sugar).

Recipe has *no* sugar & sounds like it fits the parameters of this group.
    Sounds good to me as I am on a no sugar/no starch diet :drinker:
  • treebyriver
    treebyriver Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like stevia.