Group Participation ROLL CALL

Options
ICarla
ICarla Posts: 200 Member
Hey Guys!

Im starting to notice that the same few people are the only ones communicating. Where's everyone else? We are in it together. So this is the roll call where are you?

Replies

• Hearndt
    Hearndt Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I was out running this morning and then registering for the color run this afternoon! But I'm here, just not as active as I should be!!!
  • tedsmama
    tedsmama Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    HERE!

@hearndt.....the color runs look like a blast. Have you done one before?
  • Hearndt
    Options
    No, this will be my first time. I wanted to do it last year but then didn't for some excuse or another. It's 10 weeks from this weekend so it will give me just enough time to finish C25K (allowing an extra week for extenuating circumstances). I formed a team so that registration was only $35 (vs $55 normally) and am in the process of recruiting friends and family to join (teams need 4 members). I'm super excited, it looks like so much fun!
  • melissamarah
    melissamarah Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi! :drinker:

I'm somewhat active on here, and it's really helped me. Last time I did this, I only made it to the beginning of W3. Tomorrow I'm on W5D1, and I'm super nervous about it. I peeked ahead, and saw that on Friday I'm supposed to run for 20 straight minutes. :sick:
  • newtonk520
    newtonk520 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Present! I'm here and will check in regularly.
  • ICarla
    Options
    No, this will be my first time. I wanted to do it last year but then didn't for some excuse or another. It's 10 weeks from this weekend so it will give me just enough time to finish C25K (allowing an extra week for extenuating circumstances). I formed a team so that registration was only $35 (vs $55 normally) and am in the process of recruiting friends and family to join (teams need 4 members). I'm super excited, it looks like so much fun!

Info please on this. Definitely something to look into.
  • ICarla
    Options
    Hi! :drinker:

I'm somewhat active on here, and it's really helped me. Last time I did this, I only made it to the beginning of W3. Tomorrow I'm on W5D1, and I'm super nervous about it. I peeked ahead, and saw that on Friday I'm supposed to run for 20 straight minutes. :sick:

You can totally do it! You really have been checking in, showing your dedication and determination to succeed. Keep us posted on how it goes!
  • ICarla
    Options
    Present! I'm here and will check in regularly.

Great!!
  • bijoux79
    Options
    I'm here xxx
  • piercedee
    piercedee Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm here! It would be easier to check in on the boards if the APP on my phone would let me. Oh well. I am starting week 6 tomorrow. I am travelling later this week for work so there will be one day that I am on the treadmill at the hotel, but it should be interesting since I live at ~4500 ft above sea level and I am travelling to ~200 ft above sea level.
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm here! Sorry ... I can't reply to group messages on my phone -- so had to wait until I was at a computer! :wink:

I'm on week 3 and it's hard. I'm starting to dread my treadmill time... any advice/thoughts of wisdom to get me through this? Great music helps. I try to crank the tunes in my ear buds. This morning I had to listem to "Work B**ch" by Britney Spears. LOL
  • Hearndt
    Options

http://www.thecolorrun.com/baltimore/2014-04-19/
    Through today it's $35 if you register as part of a team after today it goes up to $45 for a team or $55 for an individual. I think you can pick a random team to join, I don't think everyone has to check in together or anything, you can join my team--its Red Fish, Blue Fish.
  • iluvhorses1983
    iluvhorses1983 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    PRESENT! ;) I finished the last day of Week 4 yesterday, ran the whole time I was supposed to and added on a nice sprint at the end before the cool down. Week5 Day1 Tomorrow!
  • tedsmama
    tedsmama Posts: 178 Member
    Options

Through today it's $35 if you register as part of a team after today it goes up to $45 for a team or $55 for an individual. I think you can pick a random team to join, I don't think everyone has to check in together or anything, you can join my team--its Red Fish, Blue Fish.

We've got one up here (Alaska) on June 28th. I'm tempted, but I signed up for a 5k mudrun with my sister and brothers on the 8th, so I think I'll see how that goes first! Kinda nervous.....my sister is a powerhouse, my one brother was a college wrestler and my other brother is a nationally ranked collegiate athlete for track AND they all range from 7-15 years younger than I. YIKES!!!
  • Domino232
    Domino232 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Here! W3d2 completed this morning.
    Missed a few workouts :( as I had a few extra work shifts :)
    Will have to get better at juggling everything.
  • ICarla
    Options

I'm going to join you!

• Hearndt
    Options

I'm going to join you!

Awesome!
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Having a bad week. I just can't seem to adapt to my new work schedule and haven't been running this week. I hate feeling like this but 10 hr days are killing me. I will keep trying, it has to be morning, my evenings with the kids are way too busy and provide too many outs to get to the gym, so I have tobe there at 4:45 or it's a no go.

I WILL be packed and ready to go tomorrow morning!
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    PS: I have slight OCD issues so these color runs, run or dye, slime run, all of those gross me out to no extent! LOL

But I hope you enjoy it!
  • cofomostwanted
    cofomostwanted Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm here but I am sick at the moment. I'm really disappointed that I can't do my running today. I had finished Week 7 Day 1 and I don't know how far this sickness will set me back. I'm really bummed. Any advice on how to get back into it after I can start eating again to regain my strength?