Week 4 Weigh In (10-16 February)

Options
Hi there Challengers!!

For the late starters, please fill your statistics in the INTRODUCTION thread, you might want to give this thread a miss, and start your updates next week. It's entirely up to you.

I generally do my weight and measurements on a Saturday morning (day after a rest day and before the gym). OR if you want to do a monthly weigh in, then you might only want to fill in your update in weeks 4, 8 and 12. Again, entirely up to you.

For those updating - just copy the text below, post a reply and fill in the blanks.

I honestly believe that weight loss is NOT just about the number on the scale, it's about having the right mental attitude as well, so please remember to read your goals and affirmations EVERY DAY to remind yourself why you are doing this! I've included some extra questions below, you don't have to answer them if you don't want to - but keeping a positive focus and congratulating yourself for the small things that you do every week is a good way to keep the ball rolling and progressing to your end point.

Achieve your nutrition and fitness goals every day and you WILL reach your 12 week goal. Start with the end in mind!!

* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * -

Name:
Challenge Starting Weight:
Goal Weight:

Today's Weight:
Weight loss this week:

Today's Measurements:
Bicep:
Chest:
Waist:
Hips:
Thigh:

Starting Body Fat % (if known):
Goal Body Fat %:

What goals did you achieve this week?

How do you feel?

List 3 things you are grateful for?

What are you going to improve on next week?

Progress photos (optional)

Replies

• michable
    michable Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Name: Michele
    Challenge Starting Weight: 50.3 kg
    Goal Weight: 49 kg (49 kg was the spreadsheet suggestion, but I am pretty happy at my current weight - weight loss is not my primary goal here. I am more focussed on my fitness goals in running and strength, and bodyfat now)

Today's Weight: 50 kg
    Weight loss since start of challenge: 0.3 kg

Today's Measurements:
    Bicep: 24
    Chest: 77
    Waist: 62.5
    Hips: 89
    Thigh: 52

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 20.04% (spreadsheet method)
    Goal Body Fat %: 18-19%

Today's body fat %: 19.98% (spreadsheet method)

What goals did you achieve this week? I completed Week 8 of my half marathon training (4 runs - steady run, intervals, tempo run and long run); and 2x bodyweight strength sessions

How do you feel? Good - I am feeling fitter on my runs and my average pace per km is coming down.

* My healthy body - it does everything I ask of it, with few complaints.
    * My wonderful husband who loves me - I am lucky to have him.
    * My children who are at gorgeous ages (7, 5 and 3) - I have also had teenagers, so I know to appreciate this time even more!

* More patience with my oldest daughter - I think I sometimes expect more from her than I should, and I can be short with her if I am busy / in a hurry.
    * Make sure I don't miss my afternoon tea, because hunger is a major trigger for pre-dinner irritability with my children
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

Not much to report this week so far. I lost a grand total of 100 grams but I'm good with that. More concerned with maintaining as much muscle mass as possible while losing a few more cms around my mid section. I measure fortnightly which is next week but I did it just for kicks on Saturday morning with no losses AND no gains. But I must say there was a little day light in my waist band of my work trousers this morning which wasn't there last time I wore them. Little wins!!

Have a kick *kitten* week everyone! :)
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Weigh in 10.2.14 - end of Week 3

Hi Groovers,

Well I am in Sri Lanka for the next 2.5 weeks for work, so while I weighed just before I left, I won’t be able to provide any accurate weigh in, only measurements and goals til I get home. Still, I’m keeping at it and that’s the main thing!!

So here’s what happened this week, or part thereof!!

Name: Donna
    Challenge Starting Weight: 77.5
    Goal Weight: 72

Today's Weight: 76.8
    Last week weight 77
    Weight loss this week: -200g (weigh in on Friday before I flew out and won't have my scale til I get back in 3 weeks)

Today's Measurements:
    Bicep: 25 = same
    Chest: 89/106 = same
    Waist: 89/101 = same
    Hips: 97 = -1cm :)
    Thigh: 50 = same

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 39.7
    Goal Body Fat %: 36
    Body fat this week: 38

What goals did you kick this week? Got back to Body Pump and also did some weight training.

How do you feel? Jet lagged (I’m writing this at 3am!!) but great!

List 3 things you are grateful for? Being alive, having the best job in the work that takes me to so incredible places, being able to eat Sri Lankan curry and string hoppers for breakfast for the next 2.5 weeks ☺

What are you going to improve on next week? I’ll be in remote areas from tomorrow onwards, so no gym, a lot of driving around and little control over food choices. SO … keeping logging, doing 30 mins a day of some form of exercise in my room, in lieu of the gym, and trying to keep my step count up as best I can is about as good as it gets. Lack of access to wine should give me a head start too! ☺
  • bigldesigns
    bigldesigns Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Name: Allie
    Challenge Starting Weight: 94.1kg
    Goal Weight: 89kg (Since I am going to reach this, this week... I am changing it to 80kg.. i am determine to reach my next MAJOR goal by the end of this challenge)

Today's Weight: 90.5kg
    Weight loss this week: 1.3kg

Today's Measurements:
    Bicep: 35cm (no movement)
    Chest: 105cm (no movement)
    Waist: 96cm (no movement)
    Hips: 112cm (-2cm this week)
    Thigh: 62cm (-1cm this week)

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 38.5
    Goal Body Fat %: 34.9
    Current Body Fat %: 35.4%

What goals did you kick this week?
    I tried a few new recipes to try and bring variety into my diet -
    I ate Bacon and eggs nearly every day and still lost weight :)
    I got my work project to presentable stage for my client

I am now under 200lbs (90.9kg)
    I have now lost 60lb (almost 30kg) in 8 months!!!

How do you feel?
    It was another pretty crap week as far as my motivation goes..
    I'm bored and lonely sitting at home alone all day and night..
    I know I need to loose this weight for my health.. and this is about the only thing that is keeping me from binge eating the fridge empty.

things you are grateful for?
    I am grateful for the encouragement i get from my MFP friends.
    That its been 8 months since my last MS Flare.. and I never felt physical better!

I need to try and exercise.. I know its good for me.. and will help reduce saggy skin (not that I have any yet) but i'm still hating getting on the treadmill..
    I have been frequenting some dating websites.. and this week.. i am going to actually try and meet someone in person!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Name: Ray
    Challenge Starting Weight: 79.0kg
    Goal Weight: <75kg (rethinking this goal atm)

Today's Weight: 76.3kg
    Weight loss this week: 0.5kg

No measurements taken this week.

What goals did you achieve this week? I exceeded my target for riding, finishing with almost exactly 200km for the week.

How do you feel? Awesome! After my big ride yesterday I ate like a man on death row (about 4000 cals for the day) and still woke up lighter this morning :bigsmile: .

List 3 things you are grateful for? What, only 3?

What are you going to improve on next week? The one let down this week was that I only had two weight sessions (and a quick one at home). Got to get that back up this week, but other than that I'm very happy with how things are tracking.

Aside from the big drop of weight in the first couple of days, the weight loss seems to be leveling out to between 0.5 and 1 kg per week. I'll be extremely happy if this trend continues, that's just the rate I want. I'm not noticing and significant loss of performance in the gym or on the bike either.

If I can keep up this rate of fat loss, I could conceivably be 13-14% bf by the end of this 12 weeks... just the thought is putting a grin on my goofy face :laugh: .
  • Rayman79
    Options
    Great to hear everyone is tracking well so far!

Allie, just remember every single person goes through periods of lack of motivation. It is our ability to push through these times with a clear focus on our goal that makes us infinitely stronger!

Just look at this:

I am now under 200lbs (90.9kg)
    I have now lost 60lb (almost 30kg) in 8 months!!!

You should be so fricken proud of yourself!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Go Allie!!
  • Flyer69
    Flyer69 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Name: Flyer69 (Robert)
    Challenge Starting Weight: 87.7
    Goal Weight: 79 (although over 12 weeks 82 might be more feasable)

Today's Weight: 85.2
    Weight loss this week: 500 gram (0.5kg)

Break down that wall to reach my lowest weight ever
    Made an average of over 20,000 steps a day
    Ran a PB over 5km of 29.33
    Cooked a yummy dinner for a special MFP friend

How do you feel?
    I feel on top iof the world

My health, my wife and my love of life

More like maintain my weight loss, my 20,000 steps a day, improve my running even more so my chance of running the marathon increases. Cook something I have never cooked before.
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Name: Lou
    Challenge Starting Weight: 65.5
    Goal Weight: 60

Today's Weight: ? (Not weighing till the last week of challenge) however don't think I've lost

What goals did you achieve this week? Completed a 10km race time 1:03:58

How do you feel?

Was happy with my time for the race considering for half of it there we were running into a full on head wind. Will aim for under an hour next time.

List 3 things you are grateful for? My family, my health, my persistence to not give up

Try and stress less about my son and his new school.

Control my snacking at night ( still struggling with this one)

Training for this week set which will be mainly in the gym because of the heat, plus as I've got two late starts at work and a day off its a good excuse for a sleep in. ( till 7am anyway)

Week 6 training for 1/2 marathon
    Tues 5km run treadmill
    Wed gym
    Thur 6.5 km run treadmill
    Fri gym
    Sat gym
    Sun 12.5km run

????????
  • EGirl7
    EGirl7 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Name: Emma
    Challenge Starting Weight: 61 kg
    Goal Weight: 55 kg

Today's Weight: 59.8 kg
    Weight loss this week: 1.4 kg

Today's Measurements: Next week!
    Bicep:
    Chest:
    Waist:
    Hips:
    Thigh:

Starting Body Fat % (if known): Next week!
    Goal Body Fat %:

What goals did you achieve this week? LOL, not the goals I was hoping to, but it seems to have come out alright in the wash.

How do you feel? I feel reinvigorated. I went to a gig on Saturday night and wore jeans that are tighter than usual, just because I don't wear them so much. Anyway, I was wearing a black singlet and a crochet-type singlet top over it. In my usual uncoordinated way, I managed to catch the front of the top on the edge of my treadmill and ripped a dirty big hole in it. ****e. Anyway, I had no choice but to just wear the black singlet. I felt self-conscious, because it was shorter than I wanted to be wearing, but I think I looked okay. So that was good. Good moment. It's only been since I undertook this major weight loss in 2011 that I've managed to reshape my bottom half in a way that makes me feel comfortable I can wear stuff like that. Before, I always had to wear something loose over the top of what I was wearing. This is pretty exciting for me. :-)

List 3 things you are grateful for? Family, friends and furbabies.

What are you going to improve on next week? Just try and keep things rolling. :-)

Progress photos (optional) Maybe next week.
  • wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Name: Helen
    Challenge Starting Weight: 82.6kg
    Goal Weight: 79.9

Today's Weight: 82.3kg
    Weight loss this week: -0.3kg

Today's Measurements: (I'm only measuring every 4 weeks so these losses are since the start)
    Bicep: 31cm - same
    Chest: 102.25 - down 1cm
    Waist: 92.5 - down 1.5cm
    Hips: 102 - same
    Thigh: 60 - down 1cm

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 40.6%
    Goal Body Fat %: 39.9% - same as last week

What goals did you achieve this week? Pleased with how I coped with a very busy week.

How do you feel? Tired

List 3 things you are grateful for? Access to good health care, my family & my friends

What are you going to improve on next week? Exercise
  • shannaniggans
    Options
    OK, not weighing in or measurements cause im at the point where they only drive me crazy, however i can see the difference in my abs so ill share some pics :)

25194069_8901.jpg

i feel so dorky taking these pictures!!!
  • bird_3_lee
    bird_3_lee Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Name: Bird_3_lee (rick-lee)
    Challenge Starting Weight: 79kg
    Goal Weight: 73kg

Today's Weight: 78kg
    last weeks weight:77kg Gained 1kg

I did log in every day, got 3 runs in & averaged 14,000 steps a day.

How do you feel?
    I feel guilty & fat for letting my self go & not staying on track. Just didn't give it my best.

I am truly grateful for everyone being so excepting of my failures & for never making me feel worse. Its uniting knowing that we all face challenges individually but seem to tackle them together. Thank you TTTA's.

I'm pulling my head in this week and jumping back on that wagon. I will read my affirmation every day. Eat with my 12-1400 calories despite how much I burn. And will work my butt off to try and get that scale pointing in the right direction again.
  • weightywarrior
    Options
    Name: WeightyWarrior
    Challenge Starting Weight: 141kg
    Goal Weight: 130kg

Weight Last Week: 139.8kg
    Today's Weight: 139.2kg
    Weight loss this week: 0.6kg

Total Weight Loss: 1.8kg

Today's Measurements: Will do these next week. Again!
    Bicep: 47cm (-3cm)
    Chest: 135cm (-2cm)
    Waist: 129cm (no change)
    Hips: 162cm (no change)
    Thigh: 80cm (no change)

Starting Body Fat % (if known):
    Goal Body Fat %:

What goals did you kick this week? Stuck to my "clean" eating. Again. Please note that my version of "clean" might be very different to anybody else's.

How do you feel? On the one hand I am pleased I lost some weight, but on the other hand I am not happy that the scale has such power over me. Also, I have been reading "The Calorie Myth" and getting the feeling I am seriously under eating. I am eating the right things, I believe, but not nearly enough. Scared of eating more because I'm worried I'll put on weight! Maybe I could increase my intake by a portion of something every few days until I feel I'm eating what I should be.

List 3 things you are grateful for? 1) All the good information "out there". 2) Everybody's support and understanding. 3) The ability to see where I am going wrong, and the desire to fix it.

What are you going to improve on next week? Will try and eat more SANE foods.
  • Rayman79
    Options
    WeightyWarrior, just putting it out there that if you want a second opinion on your calorie intake/diary please don't be afraid to ask.

You are clearly making some great progress but I know how easy it is to second guess yourself and wonder if you are doing things the 'right way' or the 'best way'. Sometimes getting another person's view can help to reinforce that you're taking the right path, or help tweak a few things to help with progress or adherence etc.

No pressure, but the offer is there if you like. Of course this offer stands for anyone else too! :drinker:
  • zenpoppy
    zenpoppy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi I so feel just like you weighty warrior....

I have got the exercise and how to mix that up.
    But it is the nutrition....

no carbs high protein.....
    low fat vs normal fat.......
    no sugar......
    not eating enough......
    calories in vs calories out.....
    Am confused and weightloss has slowed down....
    Is it a plateau?????

Is just frustrating......
  • Danispen
    Danispen Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Name:
    Challenge Starting Weight: 102
    Goal Weight: 95 (readjusted now)

Today's Weight: 101
    Weight loss this month: 1 kg

Today's Measurements:
    Bicep: 35
    Chest: 114
    Waist: 100
    Hips: 121
    Thigh: 69

Had a shocker of a week at work BUT didnt do my old habit of drowning feelings or eating them - I went to the gym 5 days and took out frustrations there - focus was great

How do you feel?
    Bit dismayed at the scale weight BUT my BP was the best ever recorded yesterday at the Drs, I look better, I feel great and I have dropped centimetres & I get regular comments on how good/healthy I look so the scale can back off!!!

my improved stamina and resilience for exercise, it means I can push myself further
    my family & friends, especially my old boy & zen
    having a job that I adore - even if I have weeks that are tricky

I am going to focus on weighing my food to be more accurate not just guesstimate
    I am also going to try to improve my protein intake
    I am going to focus on getting healthier not just the scale measure
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Name: Robin
    Challenge Starting Weight: 108.3
    Goal Weight: 70 kg ish - obviously not in the time frame of this challenge - for this say 99.9 kg

Today's Weight: 108.2
    Weight loss this month: 100 grams

Today's Measurements:
    Bicep: 36.5 - no change
    Chest: under boobs 93.5 - no change
    Waist: 92 cm - down 3 cm
    Hips: 127 cm - down 1 cm
    Thigh: 76.5 cm - down 1.5 cm

Additional measurements - my calf has gone up .5 cm (fluid?) my neck has gone down by .3 cm

Starting Body Fat % (if known): unknown guessing around 40 - 45% - too much
    Goal Body Fat %: 20 - 25%

I weighed, measured and logged everything that went in my mouth and I stayed right on calorie goal.

How do you feel?

Now I've done the measuring - pretty damned good. :happy:

The people here; my health; my innate stubbornness (I will not give up)

I'll be sticking with what I'm doing as far as food goes - think I'll be giving the 5:2 a miss though - I know I can do it but I think it just makes me too obsessive on those 500 calorie days. What I will be doing is formulating a proper exercise routine/plan - which so far has been a bit ad hoc - time to knuckle down and get it happening properly.

Edited because it was easier to cut and paste then go back and put in the measurements.
This discussion has been closed.