Day 4 - February 9th

Options
concordancia
concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
Just starting the topic early today. I am barely out of bed.

Replies

• concordancia
    Options
    Ten straight minutes this morning!

Plus, the realization that I probably shouldn't spin the hoop on the carpet :(
  • melry77
    melry77 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I Apologize In Advance For The Caps, I Don't Know How To Fix It! So Today I Did 30 Minutes Straight For The First Time! I'm Pretty Efficient At Waist Hooping And Am Practicing Walking Forward A Few Steps Now In My Limited Indoor Space. Here's My Question For The Veterans- I Can Walk Forward About 5 Steps But Mess Up My Groove When I Try To Go Backward. Would It Be Easier To Learn How To Turn Around So I Can Walk Back Or Easier To Learn To Walk Backward? I Want To Keep The Flow Going In My Small Space Until It Gets Warm Enough To Go Outside. Thanks A Bunch!
  • concordancia
    Options
    In addition to whatever advice you get about walking, learning to turn around is a great thing to work on in limited space, as it only takes a few centimeters more than standing still.

With each cycle, pivot around forward in whichever direction you are hooping. That is, if you push off the hoop with your right hand, as you shift your weight off your right foot, slide it forward slightly.

Also, can you hoop both directions around your waist? Another good project for limited space.
  • peace_frog21
    peace_frog21 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the thread again concordancia!

I did my hooping tonight! yay! this time i added some 3lb hand weights and did some presses and curls and such while waist and knee hooping. that was fun.

Melry: I agree with concordancia. Learning how to hoop in both currents is a great project for limited space. Being able to hoop to both the right and the left is a great skill to have. Also (not sure if you are working with a weighted hoop or a dance hoop) but if you are working with a regular dance hoop, I recommend working on moving the hoop up and down your body to your chest and to your knees. There are some good tutorials on youtube for chest and knee hooping. Also working on lifts from your waist or dropping the hoop from above your head back onto your waist is good for small spaces. As for walking, it's good to figure out how to walk backwards, but learning how to turn inside the hoop is a great asset as well. Start slowly by taking a quarter step in the direction the hoop is turning. Then repeat until you get all the way around. You'll eventually get to a point where you can turn in circles all day long :-) When you master going in the same direction, trying turning against the hoop (if you hoop to the left turn to the right and vice versa). All these things can help you in the long run. Having a great grasp on core hooping can add so much to the final product!!
  • wyodawn
    wyodawn Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I had a craft fair yesterday, so that consumed me from 7 a.m. until 6 p.m....but I got my hooping in! My body hurt so bad from sitting in a little plastic chair all day, that I thought it might help. So I busted out my old, heavier hoop and mostly did some waist hooping.